Where Does One Buy Qatar Money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato1

Established Member
I always like to have about $200 worth of a country's currency when I land there.

But I can't find anyone selling Qatar money in Australia.
A Google search says Travelex have it, but it's not an option I can click on when I go to their site. And I couldn't get the money from Westpac or Australia Post who it transpires now use Travelex, and Amex no longer sell currency.

Any idea?
Or do I have to hunt around Doha airport for an ATM on arrival?
Regards,
Renato

I have some, but when do you fly? I'm a banknote collector of the numismatist kind and i often "gamble" that i will get new notes (Uncirculated (UNC), the only one to collect!!!!) and i had a few dabbles at the ATM's in Doha. So i have some Qatar riyal that needs "re-changing", just don't tell the wife!!!!!

I have some, but when do you fly? I'm a banknote collector of the numismatist kind and i often "gamble" that i will get new notes (Uncirculated (UNC), the only one to collect!!!!) and i had a few dabbles at the ATM's in Doha. So i have some Qatar riyal that needs "re-changing", just don't tell the wife!!!!!

I assume you are replying to Renato1. But just in case you meant me - no thanks ATM is fine. We will only be there for 2 days and will be happy to use our card on arrival.

This will probably draw a cry of anguish from you then. Don't worry, mostly used notes, but always the crispest I get on a visit to a country. I have 2 more boards ready to put up. :rolleyes:

523B9CA3-A797-4509-8F54-847E1A65F9E7.jpeg

Are you going to open a pub!!!!! (joking) A nice way to put them and bring back memories. I've been to two pubs where a note on the wall has been quite rare and in one case before the publican had stuck it up there with sticky tape and drawing pins was worth over $1,000. With the "adornments" you cut the value in half. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and i tell my father if only he knew some of the notes he came across in his early days of travelling would be worth so much now, he could of had a great retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back