Answered - When will the annual fee be charged? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Answered When will the annual fee be charged?

WLGFlyer

Hi there,

I have a Signature Visa, opened June 15th. Statement cutoff date is June 4th. Will the annual fee be charged on the day of the anniversary or do I need to cancel before the June billing cycle starts?

Thanks!

WLGFlyer

Hi there,

I have a Signature Visa, opened June 15th. Statement cutoff date is June 4th. Will the annual fee be charged on the day of the anniversary or do I need to cancel before the June billing cycle starts?

Thanks!

Feedback from the call center, fee will be charged on day of anniversary. Tried to push for a reduced fee or any other incentive to keep the card but they didn't even blink. Mentioned the reduced earn rate and the response was "well, all your other cards will have the same issue". Fair point I guess.

WLGFlyer

Feedback from the call center, fee will be charged on day of anniversary. Tried to push for a reduced fee or any other incentive to keep the card but they didn't even blink. Mentioned the reduced earn rate and the response was "well, all your other cards will have the same issue". Fair point I guess.

Talking to myself here but maybe of value for someone. Finally got around to cancelling the card, was offered 5k bonus points or 1.5 points per $ on all spend until October 2017 or a free balance transfer. Politely declined and asked for a reduced annual fee - was directed towards a fee free card instead. Put around $20k on the card in the past year.

diningdecadence

Established Member
Flights
My Map
realise this is super old - but if i just got charged the AF can i call up to cancel the card and have the AF waved?

odysseus

Established Member
Yes, you should be able to (assuming you mean legitimately cancel, rather than threaten it and get to keep it).

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rewardsbonanza

Currently Active Users

No members online now.