When Qantas get it right, they really get it right.

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by harvyk, May 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. harvyk

harvyk Senior Member

Apr 15, 2009
    CBR
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Flew with the family SYD-LAX on Monday on QF107. I could not fault the cabin crew, from doing simple things like getting some extra milk to put into hot chocolates for my daughter to FA's periodically checking on us to make sure we where ok, for me it was those little touches that completely justified our choice.

Flying long haul with 4 young kids was never going to be easy, but it was about the easist as what could me expected.

• Like Like x 18

2. Grooba

Grooba Established Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Agreed, it's the little things that make all the difference.

3. bbewg

bbewg Junior Member

May 4, 2011
    Agreed. We flew bne-sin recently in y+ and the service on both flights was fantastic. The cabin was less than a third full in bit cases which may have helped. On the way there everyone in y+ was personally welcomed by the csm. This didn't happen on the way back, but I was given an express card (am currently SG).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Barks

Barks Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Sydney
    Agreed! Good customer service is not hard and goes a long long way.

• Like Like x 2
  5. AustraliaPoochie

AustraliaPoochie Established Member

Yes, its good to hear the good things about QF.
    On an aside: I still want to know, did Alan J personally approve the post Jul QFF major changes.
    That post Jul thingo is the only sour thing in my mouth, or mindset right now, in regards to QF/QFF.
    Pity. And yes, I do realise, the only way companies know they have wronged their customers is when the
    customer walks.
    In certain respects, VA is not that much different to QF.

6. Himeno

Himeno Established Member

Jun 15, 2011
    Problem is, current management doesn't understand why customers are leaving (even though they have been told). They only know that they are.

• Like Like x 1
  7. MelUser

MelUser Established Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Melbourne
    Was this in business class or if not which cabin?

8. under the radar

under the radar Established Member

Apr 8, 2010
    sounds like VA :D

9. Paddy55

Paddy55 Established Member

Sep 30, 2006
    Sydney
    So don't fly with QF if you feel that way!
    Personally my QFi experiences have been quite similar to the OPs... and well appreciated when children have been in tow

10. vet

vet Guest

you mean sleigh'ed as in Santa's sleigh?

And is it true that Airports have new signage?

gnomes buller.jpg

11. Hvr

Hvr Senior Member

Jun 27, 2007
    MEL
    Actually even then they cannot be certain if it was a service reason or the person's circumstances have changed so that flying is no longer part of their life for some reason, i.e. job, family or health changes.

Listening, acknowledging and acting on feedback is the only way that companies know if they've wronged their customers.

The nice things are good (and easy) to hear. The bad things are essential to hear and are core to the survival of the company. I know that sometimes companies have to make hard decisions that are unpopular but communicating them to customers in an honest way is essential.

12. vet

vet Guest

The way some people go on about Qantas, this should be on the front page of Sydney Morning Herald. Now, let's get back to kicking Qantas executives when they're down. ;)

13. harvyk

harvyk Senior Member

Apr 15, 2009
    CBR
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    It was Y, we don't have the money or points avail to us to fly 6 in any higher cabin.

14. maninblack

maninblack Established Member

Aug 14, 2006
    If I had experienced anything like this in the past 5 years I would still be flying with them regularly. Cannot say I have though :(

15. cmon0005

cmon0005 Established Member

Aug 3, 2009
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    My thoughts echo yours harvyk, myself(WP) and +1(SG) flew QF127 SYD-HKG during easter on a totally full flight, and return QF128 HKG-SYD in May and got some of the best service I have ever experienced in QF Y, the crew were great and hard working the entire flight, the CSM/CSS's were very welcoming and genuine.
    Also dare I say it but Y catering has improved a lot since last year.

16. JohnPhelan

JohnPhelan Established Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Brisbane
    Yes, he's the CEO. Of course had had to approve the changes, or they wouldn't have happened.