What's your most FF points in 1 month with no flights? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

What's your most FF points in 1 month with no flights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colster

Flights
My Map
Personally I have got 80k with Sh1ttybank, 1250 with Woolies/BWS, 5.5 with epicure, 10k with Amex in the past two weeks for a total of 97.5k

Simo

AFF Supporter
Not a bad spend.

I am no where near that.

Mine is probably 20 or 30k of points and that would be all CC spend with a little bit of car hire.

kelvedon

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
The ability to earn large amounts of points without even sitting on an aircraft illustrates the division emerging between the so called loyalty scheme where Qantas sells points to retailers in return for filling otherwise empty seats (and reducing the earn rate on the travellers who buy cheap tickets) which has become a significant income stream for QF, and the true loyalty recognition they give through Status credits, which with the demise of MASA's have become harder for the Proletariat to earn.

shifty

AFF Supporter
I average about a 100k a month, most ever in a month was about 250k. Combo of Citi, NAB and Woolies.

Sprucegoose

AFF Supporter
The ability to earn large amounts of points without even sitting on an aircraft illustrates the division emerging between the so called loyalty scheme where Qantas sells points to retailers in return for filling otherwise empty seats (and reducing the earn rate on the travellers who buy cheap tickets) which has become a significant income stream for QF, and the true loyalty recognition they give through Status credits, which with the demise of MASA's have become harder for the Proletariat to earn.
Yes thank god I've got LTG !!!!

cove

AFF Supporter
I am about 500 short of LTG and Mrscove is about 1500 short based on our current bookings. Better start doing some MASAs to fix this is what I have been thinking seeing we are close enough.
Every 3 months I get the chance of x,xxx,xxx points to be made and who am I to disappoint the fiscal fiend.
I flinched when my son was offered a SYD-PER MASA one way at 50,000 points beyond Classic and thought heck he can fly in Classic J and have his Lifetime Qantas Club as his back up and keep his points.

ferni

About 100k/m split between Amex, Citi, Virgin, Qantas... :) Less going to Qantas these days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alwa

Currently Active Users