Whats the alternative to Wizard Clearadvantage Mastercard

Status
Not open for further replies.

lopes2017

Does nayone know what alternatives exist to the izard Clear Advantage Mastercard?

Since Wizard does not accept new sign ups, I would be interested if whether there is an equivalent card that either absorbs currency conversion fees or has a greatly reduced fee.

Thanks for that. Just when on an applied, but got my application rejected.

The response was something along the line that I didn't meet the criteria. The rejection could be based on salary, liabilities or monies owing.

I think they are after the low income earner who is likely to keep in negative balance.

Has anyone else had this experience?

I think they are after the low income earner who is likely to keep in negative balance.
From my experience they love the average income earner with a lot of debt who is likely to have revolving credit and pay interest every month.

I don't know about the present owners of Wizard but certainly GE Money and AGC before them had that mentality. I was paying ~24% pa with AGC credit line/GE credit line and when I cancelled the card they mentioned to me that I could get a personal loan with them at ~8%. I laughed and said something along the lines of "thanks for the offer but why didn't you offer it to me when I was paying ~24% interest 10 years ago?". They only start to worry when they are likely to lose a customer....

They cetainly do like the low income earners. My wife applied after I got knocked back, she is a lower income eraner and got approved instantly!!

Obviously targeting the people that could least afford repay payments in full at the end of each period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back