What was your 100th country?

RooFlyer

Veteran Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Posts
33,378
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Star Alliance
Gold
Seeing @Scarlett ’s recent post, I thought I’d ask: Those who have visited 100 foreign countries#, what was your number 100?

Mine was Barbados.
1791592093173.png
# recognising there are different definitions of how you get the country count but just whatever you have in your mind
 
Last edited:
Elevate your business spending to first-class rewards! Sign up today with code AFF10 and process over $10,000 in business expenses within your first 30 days to unlock 10,000 Bonus PayRewards Points.
Join 30,000+ savvy business owners who:

✅ Pay suppliers who don’t accept Amex
✅ Max out credit card rewards—even on government payments
✅ Earn & transfer PayRewards Points to 10+ airline & hotel partners

Start earning today!
- Pay suppliers who don’t take Amex
- Max out credit card rewards—even on government payments
- Earn & Transfer PayRewards Points to 8+ top airline & hotel partners

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Well you’ve seen mine on the trip report @RooFlyer, but for others:

IMG_6434.webp
Uruguay.
Had barely spent any time in South America at all before this trip so probably not surprising this is where I ended up for 100.

If I ever have the great fortune to get to number 200 it’ll probably be somewhere like Chad or Burkina Faso. 😮 Lots of water to flow under the bridge before that is even remotely possible though.
 
Palau in 2 weeks' time will be 95.
I was hoping to do the 5 Stans next year but sadly that won't happen now...

I have been told to do a Carribbean cruise or a Pacfic Island cruise to get there asap ;)

Sri Lanka, Malta and San Marino are planned for next year..

There is a conference in New Delhi in Feb 2027 so work should pay...

Almost there...



@Matt Graham
@Flashback
 
If I ever have the great fortune to get to number 200 it’ll probably be somewhere like Chad or Burkina Faso. 😮 Lots of water to flow under the bridge before that is even remotely possible though.
I would like to wish that 200 is not possible as it would mean a few countries need to break apart.
 
Not sure as how people count countries differ, especially when it comes to countries that have disappeared, or broken up. Can I count Yugoslavia as a country as well as the ones that exist now?

This makes for interesting reading.

 
I would like to wish that 200 is not possible as it would mean a few countries need to break apart.
From the OP:
# recognising there are different definitions of how you get the country count but just whatever you have in your mind

More than happy to have the discussion about total number of countries in the world, but in another thread to not derail this one.
 
Wow - I just made a list and my 60ieth was Mauritius and I think that's it for me for this life time - actually planning to add Ireland next year. Will still re-visit all my favourite places.
 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top