What percentage of FF are platinum? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

What percentage of FF are platinum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpmsol

Intern
Joined
Jun 11, 2006
Messages
53
I am new to Qantas FF and am 480SC away from Platinum and keen to get it so that I can (hopefully) buy full price economy tickets from CBR-MEL during busy times when flights are otherwise full.

I am interested to know what percentage of FFs are Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum.

Does any body have any ideas?

Does anybody know what percentage of Qantas domestic flights are taken by FFs?

The reason I'm interested is that I have noticed that higher status people tend to get the seats they like more often, depending on many other factors as well, I'm sure. However, on some flights, Gold doesn't seem to make much difference, eg afternoon flights on Friday out of Canberra, or 7am flights from MEL-SYD. (however, GOLD does seems make a lot of difference for 6am flights from MEL-SYD) These observations got me thinking about the number of seats taken by frequent flyer / non ff travellers on domestic flights, and then the percentage of ff members in each of the status levels.


Regards,
Paul.
 
Last edited:

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
41,001
Welcome to AFF Paul!

Try this thread Number of QFF Members!

Probably around 60,000 platinums. As for the rest of the statuses any figures mentioned would probably be guess work rather than fact.
 

dajop

AFF Supporter
Joined
Jul 1, 2002
Messages
8,996
Flights
My Map
rpmsol said:
I am new to Qantas FF and am 480SC away from Platinum and keen to get it so that I can (hopefully) buy full price economy tickets from CBR-MEL during busy times when flights are otherwise full.
.
Hi Paul, welcome to the board. Can concur it is almost impossible to get seats out of CBR some afternoons (except the late evening flight) at less than a weeks notice without a Platinum card.

rpmsol said:
However, on some flights, Gold doesn't seem to make much difference, eg afternoon flights on Friday out of Canberra,
Nor does a Platinum! Last time I flew on the 17:20 flight CBR-MEL I was in row 23 (an my preference is forward aisle), the time before was 20F (rear window). And neither of these involved last minute changes.

But on just about every other flight I take it does make a difference, so good luck!
 

aus_flyer

Established Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2005
Messages
1,361
JohnK said:
Probably around 60,000 platinums. As for the rest of the statuses any figures mentioned would probably be guess work rather than fact.
I have been told by a QF staff member that there are roughly 4.5million frequent flyers, of whom approx 500,000 have status, of whom 60,000 are Platinum.
So roughly 1.3% of frequent flyers are Platinum.
 

DPG

Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2005
Messages
172
dajop said:
Nor does a Platinum! Last time I flew on the 17:20 flight CBR-MEL I was in row 23 (an my preference is forward aisle), the time before was 20F (rear window). And neither of these involved last minute changes.
I believe the issue here would be that flights into and out of CBR would have a much higher than usual percentage of Chairman's Lounge pax on them, hence row 23 for a WP!

D P G
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,453
Same with any airline. Certain business flights have an extremely high percentage of top status FFP members. Back when I used to commute it was typical for 1/2 to 3/4 of our flight up early Monday morning and back late on Friday to be the same pax, week in week out. They all were either NZ*G, NZ*E (top status) &/or Koru Club members.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
80,845
Messages
1,860,267
Members
48,699
Latest member
Cat1984
Top