What do you use the concierge service for other than for booking travel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prodaroda

I keep reading that you can use the concierge service for "almost everything" but I can't think of anything else other than for them to look for a flight or hotel.

How do you take advantage of the service?

Tbh, with the internet being available, I usually just find out / book it my self...if in an unfamiliar place, I just ask for a local map

Restaurant bookings and watch hunt (they ended up assigning a Centurion RM to look after my request as he's a watch enthusiast).

They managed to get me a table at Dinner by Heston in London at short notice. I also found them helpful for making bookings/arrangements overseas when the timezone doesn't make it convenient for me to book it myself or I simply can't speak the language. One time they got me A-Reserve tickets for a musical cheaper than if I buy directly online (apparently they have access to the company's discounted tickets).

Sometimes when I remember to do something quite late in the evening I use the online form for them to action the next morning.

Restaurant bookings and watch hunt (they ended up assigning a Centurion RM to look after my request as he's a watch enthusiast).

Just to clarify, you called up asking them to help you track down a particular watch? New or second hand?

Just to clarify, you called up asking them to help you track down a particular watch? New or second hand?

Told them I'm after something specific go find me a way to jump the queue and made it pretty clear I won't pay above RRP. Came back with options of new and used.

Told them I'm after something specific go find me a way to jump the queue and made it pretty clear I won't pay above RRP. Came back with options of new and used.

Nice, that's good to know. It would never have even occurred to me to ask the concierge about a watch.

Concierge helped me when I needed to find a Gold Coast house for a weekend stay to hold 8 people, ie 8 different beds.

None of the traditional booking sites could give an answer ie they offered 2 double beds with 2 double bunks

We ended up in a beautiful house on Sovereign Island.

Alby

I called them to ask them to track me down tickets for a "Sold out" concert. I couldn't get tickets anywhere....but they did within hours. Awesome service.

I've used them for a few things:

Tickets to concerts/show - either they have their own allocation/packages, or if not and it's a popular event and there's a long wait to buy tickets on release day, they will wait on hold for you and then conference you in on the call once they get through.

Calling around many stores to find an item in stock that can be delivered by a particular day (yeah yeah, I leave Christmas shopping too late), or anything that involved making more than 3 phone calls really.

Organising gift/flower delivery. Give them an idea, a budget and a delivery address and they will do the rest.

I've never used them but is there any fee or is it all wrapped up in my CC annual fee?

Do all the CC companies use the same service or would you have to call all your CC providers individually?

I've never used them but is there any fee or is it all wrapped up in my CC annual fee?

Do all the CC companies use the same service or would you have to call all your CC providers individually?
Usually the service is included in your annual card fee.

I use a Westpac/Amex co-branded Krisflyer card. My understanding is that the "Westpac Concierge" part of this is handled by Amex.

I called them to ask them to track me down tickets for a "Sold out" concert. I couldn't get tickets anywhere....but they did within hours. Awesome service.

After the all blacks result in Chicago I called them to ask for tickets to the Dublin match. They said it would take 48hrs to get back to me and I'm thinking "won't they all be sold out by then?!?!"
I've had a look at some websites that sell tickets but not sure if I should try booking myself via this or hope AMEX come through. I'll be in Europe anyway so - fingers crossed. I'll be impressed if they do come through.

Is it just me or the option to submit concierge requests through the Amex portal no longer exist?

After the all blacks result in Chicago I called them to ask for tickets to the Dublin match. They said it would take 48hrs to get back to me and I'm thinking "won't they all be sold out by then?!?!"
I've had a look at some websites that sell tickets but not sure if I should try booking myself via this or hope AMEX come through. I'll be in Europe anyway so - fingers crossed. I'll be impressed if they do come through.

When it comes to tickets, I've found Amex to be very good. They've got all these brokers around the world that hoard tickets or can get corporate leftovers etc and I've had 100% success in getting ticket through them. You may pay a lot for f=them, but you can get them.

I don't use Amex for travel as I find them hopeless in that regard. But tickets are something they are good at.

When it comes to tickets, I've found Amex to be very good. They've got all these brokers around the world that hoard tickets or can get corporate leftovers etc and I've had 100% success in getting ticket through them. You may pay a lot for f=them, but you can get them.

I don't use Amex for travel as I find them hopeless in that regard. But tickets are something they are good at.

I rang for tickets to see Elton John in regional QLD and they couldn't do anything. The very helpful concierge told me that that particular promoter never allows 3rd party sales so they had no allocation for card holders.

I've used the concierge once to assist on making dinner reservations for the whole duration of a trip to Bali in 2014. Gave them a list and it was spot-on with desired time slots.

Also curious, does it matter what card you hold which entitles to different level of service? (eg. Centurion obviously claims to have unparalleled & preferential services especially reservations / tickets).

Mine was the Plat Edge.

I've used a couple of credit card concierges over the years. Most bank ones have been either to regional call centers (for all 'Platinum' cards) or outsourced (I think a Westpac's is run by pinpoint who also run their rewards program & travel service). Many, it would've been easier to Google and do it myself but good to give them a try.
Best I've used is Amex Platinum Charge.
Mostly used them for restaurant bookings (scored some good brownie points with my wife in picking places for date night) and special requests. They've been a notch above the rest.
Good idea about the watch research. Might get them to research something for me when I'm next looking.
I like that they're local and have good knowledge and access.
One of the reasons I continue renewing my Platinum Charge card is the concierge.
I do my own travel bookings as mostly fly for leisure and on reward redemptions. Found planning a trip is half the fun.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back