What do the routing rules mean? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

What do the routing rules mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevePER

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Can someone help me decipher these routing rules? Surely all the different routings that it lists aren't for the same fare... Easter Island is not the normal way one would go between Argentina and Rio.

BRC-RIO SAT-10NOV07 LA
TAXES/FEES NOT INCLUDED
ADULT FARES
CX FARE FARE C AP MIN/ SEASONS...... MR GI DT
AUD BASIS MAX
1 LA 194.00R NEELE081 N | V/12M R WH

ORIGIN ADDON ROUTE: 0097

SPECIFIED ROUTE: 0099
BRC-SCL(LA/4M)BUE(RG/JJ)RIO
BRC-SCL-SAO(RG/JJ)RIO
BRC-SCL-RIO
BRC-BUE(LA/4M)SCL-RIO
BRC-BUE(RG/JJ)RIO
BRC-SCL-IPC-SCL-RIO
BRC-SCL-IPC-SCL-SAO(RG/JJ)RIO

Dave Noble

The routing rules relate to the fare for which you have requested the rules for. If it lists that you can go via Easter Island, then you should be able to

Dave

StevePER

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
OK, so amazingly BRC-SCL-RIO-SCL-IPC-SCL-BRC ($194) is somewhat cheaper than SCL-IPC-SCL ($778) or SCL-IPC ($518).

I think I am starting to appreciate the value of an Expertflyer subscription. :D

Cheers,
Steve

StevePER

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I've just realised the catch with this fare is you can only have one stopover in each direction.

That means I probably want to move up to a $383 fare. This fare states "FOR MIDWEEK FARES PERMITTED MON THROUGH THU". Does that generally mean that all segments must be midweek or just the first leg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kezby007