What are the odds?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by duffshot, Jun 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. duffshot

    duffshot Member

    Apr 27, 2005
    For you more savvy FFers out there, what are my chances?

    Currently waitlisted for a D seat as a WP on QF175 Sun 18JUN? I see QF has 4 J seats currently up for grabs.

  2. bigjobs

    bigjobs Active Member

    Jun 4, 2005
    i take QF175 on Sunday alot. it is usually full in J cause of the Sunday morning arrival into LAX.

    i hope you get what you are looking for.

    the last two times i have taken this service on Sunday it has been VH-OJI which has AVOD. it worked ok both times.
  3. duffshot

    duffshot Member

    Apr 27, 2005
    I love playing AVOD bingo - will it work at all? Will it work for everyone? Will it work for the whole flight?

    From what I hear we should be blaming Rockwell Collins and not QF who are as peed of with IFE / AVOD issues as much as we are
  4. Mal

    Mal Enthusiast

    Dec 25, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I'm seeing the availability as:

    J9 C9

    If it stays at that, I think you have a reasonable chance.

    Remember it's a 2 class plane only, so plenty of J seats. Even more seats if they substitute a 3 class plane onto the route (although unlikely due to current plane issues)

    Can't you call QF and request they ask the powers that be to release the D class seat? As a WP, surely you have a good chance....
  5. aus_flyer

    aus_flyer Established Member

    Feb 15, 2005
    I've often had a D waitlist cleared. I think you're in with a good chance, but...

    The catch is, they usually wait as long as they can before making a decision!

    I would suggest calling QF and asking them to resubmit. QF yield (the department that approves such requests) have been a bit slow lately - so if they resubmit, it might help to speed it up.

Share This Page