What are my options for Additional Amex Cards ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenn.im

Intern
I currently own 3 different types of American Express Credit Cards
1: Amex Plat Business
2: Amex Plat Personal
3: ANZ Amex Black

I spend about 1,000,000$(1 Million AUD) annually and I would love to have 2x1Mil points as all the transactions are overseas. However my first 2 cards have a cap of 375k and 300k.

I have exhausted both of my 375k and 300k cap. I can continue using ANZ Amex Black but I earn only 1.5MR points per 1$ as compared to 2MR per 1$ on Amex plats.

What would be my other options ?

I am thinking having of having one more Amex Plat personal on my partner's name which will give me 300k limit. Still I fall short.

What would you guys recommend ?

Apply for the Explorer and have it linked to Ascent Premium - that would then be 2:1 earn rate (as long as this tweak isn't closed off).

Hi Glenn, I thought AMEX Platinum was uncapped for both Corp and personal spend (?) I've got a Centurion card (which comes with 4 x complimentary platinum cards for my staff and another complimentary Centurion for my partner) all credited to my MR account, uncapped.

The bonus points (3 to $1 for restaraunt and travel spend etc is still capped at around 300 points per year.)

I hope this helps.

Cancel you cards and the limit should be reset.

If you have the platinum charge card, you could apply for the Reserve card as a companion which should have its own cap? This card would also be free...
You would however be throttled by the credit limit given to you and the need to make regular payments to clear it. Would be the easiest card to get however

If you have the platinum charge card, you could apply for the Reserve card as a companion which should have its own cap? This card would also be free...
You would however be throttled by the credit limit given to you and the need to make regular payments to clear it. Would be the easiest card to get however

You'd also benefit from the free flight with Reserve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back