Westpac Singapore KrisFlyer Credit Card | Page 47 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Westpac Singapore KrisFlyer Credit Card

Kevin Chan

Intern
I am still thinking about paying a bit more to the fiscal fiend using our two CCs that finish in about 3 days.
I have to pay tax to ATO every quarter. It's business as well so it is tax deductible. But I have never pay ahead. Is the PRN/ETF number the same every time? How much do you know to pay?

cove

Enthusiast
If you pay ahead use the previous quarter as your guide. If you put it on an incorrect account you can get it switched. One person I know paid a family members account twice because he could not remember which one of two accounts he had paid.

Pointy Bird

Intern
Yes - accidental overpayments are common - or so I have heard. My biggest accident using this card to ATO was 250k.
From now on, it's Rewardspay for me. Even though cost is higher (2.65% tax deductible ) the total points earned are huge - 2 points per $ for me as longs I am exploratory...

Kevin Chan

Intern
Yes - accidental overpayments are common - or so I have heard. My biggest accident using this card to ATO was 250k.
From now on, it's Rewardspay for me. Even though cost is higher (2.65% tax deductible ) the total points earned are huge - 2 points per $ for me as longs I am exploratory...
250k accident?

The 2.65% fee seems a bit expensive. Not really worth the points isn't it?

sjk

Ignoring tax deductions, I make it $2,782.50 to get enough for a return first-class trip to Japan on SQ (with reasonable ++ on top of that, maybe $400 or so). Doesn't seem too shabby to me.

Please let us know what you consider to be better value, I'm sure we're all ears.

Pointy Bird

Intern
250k accident?

Here is a copy of my post from the ATO thread which summarises why I think this is the best way to pay ATO.

With the forthcoming demise of my favourite ATO credit card (Krisflyer Amex), I have been looking at various other options. Rewardpay which initially I thought was too expensive, is actually an attractive option.
Here are my calculations for how much it would cost in fees to fly Melbourne to Europe in Singapore Airline Suites (my preferred option).

Points needed for return flight Melbourne to Paris 1st Class Singapore Airways Suite Saver 296,000. Plus Tax required $260.79.

For 296,000 KF points, one needs 296,000 Ascent rewards points from Amex (1:1 conversion).

To earn 296,000 Ascent points, one needs to spend $148,000 on Amex Explorer. This assumes the Explorer card has been linked to the Ascent program.

To pay ATO, Explorer cannot be used directly, hence one option is to use Rewardpay. This costs 2.4% + GST = 2.64%

For a tax bill of $148,000, the Rewardpay fee would be $3907.20. But this is tax deductible (depending on personal circumstances). Hence actual cost of rewardpay if on top tax bracket is 53% of $3907.20 = $2070.82.

If we add the tax required for the flight of $260.79, that gives a total cost of $2331.61. For those who have substantial tax to pay, that seems to be an inexpensive way to fly to Europe return on suites.

Arowana

Latest statement from westpac still mentions the American express card.. You can also earn 1.25 KrisFlyer miles per dollar spent on eligible purchases on your Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum American Express Card.

I wonder if they will take the note off?

SQ1

Intern
Latest statement from westpac still mentions the American express card.. You can also earn 1.25 KrisFlyer miles per dollar spent on eligible purchases on your Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum American Express Card.

I wonder if they will take the note off?

I think the banks will be somehow occupied ;) at the moment!! May have other priorities.......?

Kevin Chan

Intern
Well I finally closed this card, it made me quite sad as this has undoubtedly been one of my favourites over the years.
Me too. I cancelled the card on Tuesday. I visited the branch and called them as well. They just wouldn't waive the annual fee which was scheduled to come off on 9th June. Try to sign me up for another card (obviously) but I said no thank I will look around first. A good card but nothing last forever.

Now on the Amex Explorer and just a Bankwest Zero Mastercard (with no points).

Dr Ev

Intern
I cancelled this week.
$250 annual fee for borderline worth it ATO (Dragon Visa better)
Only reason I hesitated was the 1.5 miles per $ overseas Visa spend. But not worth $250 a year for me.

Hope Dragon stays ATO friendly, or I am toast!

Kevin Chan

Intern
I cancelled this week.
$250 annual fee for borderline worth it ATO (Dragon Visa better)
Only reason I hesitated was the 1.5 miles per $ overseas Visa spend. But not worth $250 a year for me.

Hope Dragon stays ATO friendly, or I am toast!
What is this Dragon Visa if I may ask?

AFF on Air Podcast

• Indian Pacific & Other Epic Train Journeys – AIR027
    Sat, 11 Jan 2020 02:31:00 AEDT
      In this episode, we take a brief detour from the aviation discussion to talk about train travel! There's something nice - perhaps even romantic - about long-distance train ...
  • Status Runs – AIR026
    Sat, 14 Dec 2019 07:15:21 AEDT
      If you're a little bit short of the next airline status tier, a status run can get you over the line. In this episode, learn about the best status runs with Virgin Austral ...
  • British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mattman92