westpac platinum altitude

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansettrule

Intern
Hello everyone,Just been sent in the mail an invitation to upgrade to the platinum altitude card but just after info from anyone who has the card what they think of it??.
Thanks
:?::?::?:

Hello everyone,Just been sent in the mail an invitation to upgrade to the platinum altitude card but just after info from anyone who has the card what they think of it??.
Thanks
:?::?::?:

It depends. The game has changed with QFF points being cut next year. If you are primarily after air miles then I would go elsewhere.

I see that this card is now being offered as a direct Qantas FF points card.

No longer an option to have Westpac Altitude points with a choice of where your points go.

Qantas is weaving their magic!

Actually if you're after any other air miles OTHER than QFF, they've got pretty good conversion rates.

Altitude Rewards has a conversion rate of 2 points to 1 FF point.

Every dollar spent on their AMEX earns 3 points. MC earns 1 point.

If you compare Westpac's AMEX Altitude Rewards to AMEX's MR, this is much better.

AMEX's MR converts to 4.5 points for every 4 dollars spent. (3 FF points for every 4 MR points, with earning rate of 1.5 points per dollar spent). Translates to 0.89 points per dollar spent.

Westpac's Altitude converts to 1.5 FF points for every DOLLAR spent on their AMEX.

Almost double.

Note that if you are primarily a QFF loyal, then it's not the best. But for all other FF programmes out there, this is probably the best.

Unless anyone else know of any better ones?

BenHadi

I see that this card is now being offered as a direct Qantas FF points card.

No longer an option to have Westpac Altitude points with a choice of where your points go.

Qantas is weaving their magic!

Hmm, had a look on the website and it says:

Frequent flyer programs *

You can redeem your Altitude Platinum points for Malaysia Airlines, Air New Zealand, Virgin Blue and Singapore Airlines frequent flyer points, and until 31 March 2009, for Qantas Frequent Flyer points.

The T&C's say

The airlines that are participating in Altitude are:
As at 1 October 2008: Air New Zealand, Malaysia Airlines,
Virgin Blue Airlines and Singapore Airlines.
As at 1 October 2008 and until 31 March 2009: Qantas.

Still waiting to see if that Qantas cutoff is going to be extended to the current Altitude card.

Still waiting to see if that Qantas cutoff is going to be extended to the current Altitude card.

It will be. The T&C's are dated 1 October and I would assume that they will be letting cardholders know about the changes.

(Can't find anything about the Altitude Qantas option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back