Westpac Earth Black 40k QFF bonus apply before 30 Sep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Mrscove has this one and I have the Westpac Altitude Black.

We have kept our his and hers Westpac Kris Flyer Platinum cards as there is still some value there but not in Visa payments.
I actually got seduced into two ATO payments on those MasterCards today even though they only earn 0.625 points per dollar.
Most however got paid on a point a dollar non Westpac Visa on the new 0.42% rate with the ATO.

Has anyone applied and got their 40k points? I have my new black cards and was wondering how long they take to post the points.

Yes, i just received my cards last month and looking at the statement the bonus points were credited 3 days after my first purchase.

Edit:Sorry posted in wrong thread, i already had the Earth card it was the Altitude i received last month and received bonus points for

Last edited:
I received an offer in the mail today for this card, with 40k bonus QFF points, lifetime annual fee of $125 (instead of $395 as per the website), and balance transfer rate of 0.99% for 9 months (instead of the website offer of 6 months).

Seems a a good deal. Any views/thoughts from existing holders of this card?

Also, can anyone tell me how the balance transfer works? Do they require an existing account to be closed down or do they close an existing account on your behalf? Never done a balance transfer before and I'm sure each bank does it differently.

Kerrodt that sounds like a really good deal.
I don't know about balance transfers as I always pay them to zero.
My personal preference is the Altitude Black but we have both cards and they work well in my life.

Also, can anyone tell me how the balance transfer works? Do they require an existing account to be closed down or do they close an existing account on your behalf? Never done a balance transfer before and I'm sure each bank does it differently.
They just pay your current credit card(s) as if it was a cheque/BPAY, that's all, and that balance appears on your new card at the promo rate. They don't close it or anything.

Signed up for this on Monday via Westpac | Earth Black Qantas which has the 40K points and $125 yearly fee for the lifetime of the card.

Looks like offer ends on Jan 14 2014.

Just stumbled across this, looks great! One thing though - do you think you'll just need to be approved by Jan 14, or need to have received the card and made a purchase by then in order to receive the 40k points? Seems a bit of a short timeframe to have the card from a new application by Tuesday, but simply getting approved hopefully won't be too hard.

Is attractive. Looks like it is only apply by 14 Jan because the approve and eligible purchase is after the comma.

Note you have to make a purchase with Qantas on the card to get the lounge passes.

Is attractive. Looks like it is only apply by 14 Jan because the approve and eligible purchase is after the comma.

Note you have to make a purchase with Qantas on the card to get the lounge passes.
So what happens if you purchase a refundable fare! Looks a great deal to me!

Just got these cards. Not sure how much you have to spend to get your 40K points. It doesnt say anywhere so I assume there is no minimum spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back