Westpac Altitude Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

dajop

Enthusiast
Well it's now been over 6 months since the Altitude changes came into effect. Looking back at my statements, it seems that around 90% of my spend (actually came in at 93%) is through the Amex, and the rest through Visa.

So all in all the changes have cost me about 3.5% to 5% of FF points, which isn't that big in the grand scheme of things (ie on my current spending patterns it has cost me between 25 and 75 pts per month, depending on the month).

However, my question is where to from here? I don't really want to fork out extra money for the Amex card, so may either look at changing or request they waive the fee for the Amex again. CitibankGold looks like the best option as I want travel insurance.

Is there anybody else who actually kept their Altitude card?

I'm currenlty in the same boat. I'm looking at CBA Platinum and the Gold cards seeing if its worth while transfering over. Platinum is looking good if I can con my other half into forking out the $250 annual fee. The insurance cover you get is worth the $250 per year I think alone.

Is there anybody else who actually kept their Altitude card?

Maybe I'm one of the few others however, I'm now in the process of winding down my Altitude card. I upgraded my CBA Gold to Platinum and have no regrets at all. From my perspective the add ons justify the cost. Only $15 for the second card is also very good. :D

I still keep my Altitude Visa Gold as it is free under my homeloan package. I do not charge much though.
Today, I cancelled my Westpac American Express card. I already have a fee free CPA amex and did not see any value having this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back