Westpac Altitude/Qantas Platinum Visa/AMEX no annual fee up to 90k points

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenscraper

Altitude Platinum | Westpac

$0 annual fee and 75k bonus points with a $3k spend within 90 days on the Visa
$0 annual fee and 15k bonus points with a $3k spend within 90 days on the Amex

They currently have 120k bonus points on offer with the black card, and it has a better earn rate, but what makes this offer good is the annual fee waver for the first year.

I assume usual 12 month exclusion period applies?

I assume usual 12 month exclusion period applies?
"Existing Westpac customers who currently hold an Altitude Platinum Visa Card or Altitude Black Mastercard, or who have held one in the last 12 months, are not eligible for this offer."

Might be worth testing the waters... ;)

"Existing Westpac customers who currently hold an Altitude Platinum Visa Card or Altitude Black Mastercard, or who have held one in the last 12 months, are not eligible for this offer."

Might be worth testing the waters... ;)
Wont be me doing that. I only cancelled my Westpac Altitude Qantas Black Card about 6 weeks ago.

Not worth it based on the 2 credit checks done by each institution. I understand that creditscores are bit of a joke in Australia but dont want to harm mine anyway.

Though personally I cant apply anyway as had only cancelled my black 3 months ago.

Darn....cancelled mine in Oct 2017. That's me out......but I am in the market for a new card. will need to investigate some options.

Not worth it based on the 2 credit checks done by each institution. I understand that creditscores are bit of a joke in Australia but dont want to harm mine anyway.

Though personally I cant apply anyway as had only cancelled my black 3 months ago.

If you don't want the 2 credit checks just apply for the visa - 75,000 points with no annual fee is a pretty good offer on its own!

If you don't want the 2 credit checks just apply for the visa - 75,000 points with no annual fee is a pretty good offer on its own!
Don't think you can - they're bundling them together

Good pickup this one. I haven't had a Westpac card since sometime in '16 so I'm good for this. 3000 looked quite generous, but as pointed out it is 3000 for both cards (i.e 6000), so will have to take extra care both cards get the required spend.

I also note in the detail below. Not worded well, but assume if taking the Qantas points earn you would be hit with the $50 fee or whether the fee is $50 after the first year. Assume you're up for the $50, then it'd be a long shot to elect the Westpac rewards but have the 90000 points paid out as QFF points.

Annual Card fee: $0 annual card fee in the first year* ($150 thereafter, plus a $50 Qantas Rewards fee applies for customers who choose to earn Qantas Points through the Altitude Qantas rewards program).

Anyone know if you can get the same deal at a branch or it is only online?

(Easier for me to prove income from my smsf with a person, face to face.)

Are there any downsides of signing up but only hitting the 3k spend on the visa but not the AMEX?

Hitting 6k in total for both cards would be a stretch for me.

Would applying for this package preclude you from bonus point offers on other Amex cards

Not normally. It’s a AMEX issued by westpac. In the past, bank issued amex have been ignored by Amex. if you read Amex (not westpac) t&c, that should confirm

Not normally. It’s a AMEX issued by westpac. In the past, bank issued amex have been ignored by Amex. if you read Amex (not westpac) t&c, that should confirm

I've just received the bonus points for this card despite holding a Charge and two credit cards (so yes, now I have four Amex cards in total, which was supposedly not possible). So I wouldn't entirely rule out the possibility of it also working in the opposite direction. That said, my offer didn't rule out existing Amex holders.

. It’s a AMEX issued by westpac

I think you will find the amex card is now issued by Amex albeit with westpac branding, hence the two separate spend requirements and limits.

Does anyone think I could get away with paying my ATO bill for the qualifying spend?

Bonus Points:
"Eligible purchases do not include fees, cash, cash equivalent transactions, BPAY, BPAY equivalent transaction, refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account."

Then later:
"You do not earn Altitude Points or Qantas Points on payments to the Australian Taxation Office."

I assume this means I can complete $3000 qualifying spend on ATO, but it wont earn regular points.

This is the deal for the Visa only without getting the Amex:
Special offer for a limited time
Enjoy 60,000 bonus Qantas or Altitude points when you spend $3,000 on eligible purchases on a new Altitude Platinum credit card within 90 days from card approval.^

$0 annual card fee for the first year (saving $150)+Offer ends 23rd October 2018. New cards only.

Altitude Platinum Rewards Credit Card | Westpac

Plus the $50 QF membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back