Westpac altitude black - switching rewards programs

WLGFlyer

H there,

has anyone switched between reward programs, for example from the QF Altitude Black to the Velocity one and back?

I could use a month or two of Velocity points but don't want to go through the hassle of getting a second card.

Thanks! :)

Yes. It was not a problem. Just call them and they will send you a form if necessary, but as a recall they could just do it on the phone and don't need a form like St George.

Update from me, it is possible but takes time.

Firstly it's a matter of finding the right person to speak to. Once you have achieved this, the change can be made over the phone.

Then you wait for the change to occur - they quote about 10 days and it will not align with your billing cycle. Wait for the next statement to arrive, where you will most likely not be credited any points at all. On the following statement, you will (hopefully) receive all outstanding points for the new program since the switch occurred.

This will see you not receiving the points you accumulated in the old program prior to the switch, in the statement period where the change occurred. These will sit in your account and won't be transferred automatically to neither the old or new program. This requires another call (see the first point).

Anyhow, probably easier to do than applying for a new card but it's a hassle.

Then you wait for the change to occur - they quote about 10 days and it will not align with your billing cycle. Wait for the next statement to arrive, where you will most likely not be credited any points at all. On the following statement, you will (hopefully) receive all outstanding points for the new program since the switch occurred.

This will see you not receiving the points you accumulated in the old program prior to the switch, in the statement period where the change occurred. These will sit in your account and won't be transferred automatically to neither the old or new program. This requires another call (see the first point).

Sorry to bring up an old thread.

Are you saying you can switch your altitude rewards points into Qantas points under this method?

Thanks - so can change the earning system but not historically accumulated points.

Have 400k+ altitude points with no clear way to use them.

Yes, sorry, I misunderstood your question.

If you want to book Qantas flights you can transfer to Cathy Pacific or Malaysia who are both in Oneworld, although I'm not sure of the value there.

Otherwise you can transfer to Virgin or Singapore points. Personally I value Singapore the most so would transfer there.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back