Went to cancel ANZ Black, retention successful

Status
Not open for further replies.

shbap

Intern
Thought I'd share. Called up ANZ this morning to cancel my ANZ Black FF card as the annual fee was coming due next month but they immediately offered to waive the annual fee, so I kept it.

Did not really have a plan as to what other card I would take up as the ANZ card has become my daily driver, so worked out well.

PS: does someone out there have an all encompassing "bonus points value" calculator? That would be sweet! :D

I am about to do the same since they did not give me the 75 free status credits nor the 2 qantas club passes. I contacted them twice with no response, so next will be to cancel the card.

That's a great outcome. Might have to try that closer to when my annual free is due.

Isn't this only available on first signing up? So are you saying you never received it?
No I never received it despite paying for the flight within the time period specified.
No Qantas club passes either and no response to messages sent asking for why.
So all in all, 2 of the advertised sign on bonuses were not followed through by ANZ.

Thought I'd share. Called up ANZ this morning to cancel my ANZ Black FF card as the annual fee was coming due next month but they immediately offered to waive the annual fee, so I kept it.
I’m planning to do the same in May. Have you ever paid the annual fee or was this the first fee after first year free offer?

No I never received it despite paying for the flight within the time period specified.
So all in all, 2 of the advertised sign on bonuses were not followed through by ANZ.
Usually have to ring concierge and actually request the Qantas club passes with this card.Never had a problem.

The condition was taking the flight in the specified period. You didn't need to pay for it with this card either.

When I rang last year to cancel, I too had the fee waived. I did however cancel it this week as I need to reduce my overall card limit.
With NAB, they gave me their card free for life when I rang to cancel!! I'm still getting over the shock.

I called to cancel and they offered the free waived but I still want to cancel. I asked to have 1 additional point / $1 spend offer, I don’t want the annual fee waived. (I managed to pay just $143 annual as free upgraded from the platinum card and half fee offer).

Then, I asked the annual fee waived for my Travel Adventures card and they put me on hold 30 secs and came back with the annual fee waived, so free flight for another year.

The condition was taking the flight in the specified period. You didn't need to pay for it with this card either.

Yep, the flight was paid for and taken in the specified time period. Also paid with the ANZ card, so Im pretty upset with them for not answering any emails nor giving the promised benefits of applying.

Yep, the flight was paid for and taken in the specified time period. Also paid with the ANZ card, so Im pretty upset with them for not answering any emails nor giving the promised benefits of applying.

I had an issue with the points not posting. I called ANZ. They agreed I was eligible, but the issue was on the QF side of the fence. Called QF, explained, waited the 10 to 15 business days and the SCs appeared.

I suggest you call if you're emails are being ignored.

What exactly the concierge team say when you rang for the lounge passes?

I'll watch this with interest, I too have the Black card and fee will kcik in later this year. If I get offered another year I'll keep it as its a good points earner especially compared to my CBA mastercard.

To those that have scored the Qantas Club passes, were they the digital ones or the small cards that you see people flogging on ebay etc?

I'll watch this with interest, I too have the Black card and fee will kcik in later this year. If I get offered another year I'll keep it as its a good points earner especially compared to my CBA mastercard.

To those that have scored the Qantas Club passes, were they the digital ones or the small cards that you see people flogging on ebay etc?
Digital passes

I was only offered a 50% fee waiver after the first year so I just cancelled the card...

I wasn’t asked why I’m cancelling or offered anything to keep the card. Guess I’m not a valuable customer . Not a problem as I did want to close the card.

Just called to ask and they said the only offer available is 50% off the annual fee.
Will need to re-assess the card situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back