Wendouree allocations and general discussion | Page 32 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Wendouree allocations and general discussion

afro

Firstly for those that didn't read the notes the 'Pressings' is a blend of Shiraz, Malbec and Cabernet.

Second, in this case it will be the later pressings from the fruit which is usually proportionately blended back into the final product (see press fractions) to add body as it will have greater concentration, tannin etc.
I just assumed they did read it because its on the first page of the letter, so aside from the obvious info we all have from the same letter, i moved onto the "pressing" part. but i care less about how its made, it is a blend that doesn't made often, getting all 6 bottles with no second though. fingers crossed.

llamaesque

Got my first letter yesterday, having written to them earlier in the year asking to be added to mailling list (at which time they said "no, sorry, full" but more eloquently). No signature or crayon mark (no surprise based on the information here) - what do these look like? Anyway, I've sent it back asking for a mixed dozen (4 varieties selected), really just hoping for anything.
Don't expect too much, I was on the list for the first time last year and received nothing despite saying I was happy for them to fill up my order with anything remaining. They did send a note of apology out.

planky

Flights
My Map
Don't expect too much, I was on the list for the first time last year and received nothing despite saying I was happy for them to fill up my order with anything remaining. They did send a note of apology out.
It’s worth a follow up call if this happens. I got a similar reply the year I signed up, but when I spoke to them they were very happy to send some Shiraz Malbec they had left over!

roshea

It’s worth a follow up call if this happens. I got a similar reply the year I signed up, but when I spoke to them they were very happy to send some Shiraz Malbec they had left over!
Thanks for the replies, Planky and llamaesque. I'll give them a call in a few weeks (unless that's too soon).

Steady

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Paul Kaan from Wine Decoded just posted an interesting comment on Pressings under 2016 Wendouree Cab Malbec

Steady

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
The 'once every 20 years' comment, or am I missing something?
It starts with "the really short answer: It depends" then he wrote an essay on it.
Are the comments on tWF public? if they are I will copy and paste the post

Stef

The 'once every 20 years' comment, or am I missing something?
Drank quite a bit of stuff from the 80s - Pressings included - and it's stood the test of time. Maybe not my preferred style from the range but an amazing result nonetheless. Brooding though. I do note the style (of Wendouree in general) has become a lot more palatable in the last few years, certainly a lot more approachable.

afro

It starts with "the really short answer: It depends" then he wrote an essay on it.
Are the comments on tWF public? if they are I will copy and paste the post

This is on the winefront if anyone is wondering. It is a subscription type of wine review website , better value and more interesting stuff in there.

Kohen

Got hit for 2 doz, from SA. Bit short of my order and am black crayon

Mate is picking up next week so will know then what was cut back, or perhaps i was a little greedy

afro

Got hit for 2 doz, from SA. Bit short of my order and am black crayon

Mate is picking up next week so will know then what was cut back, or perhaps i was a little greedy
that doesn't sound good for any of us here, you got hit early and still misssing quite a bit.

Dr Ralph

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I'm probably not going to order anything at all this year. Still bitter about the way I was treated in 2017.

mrtupperware

Intern
Can anyone post the letter from this year? I sent mine back but forgot to take a photo of what I ordered

afro

More people had their credit card hit from vic. Over the weekend, looks like a full order for them.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chaucer