Well done, Jetstar! | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Well done, Jetstar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinophile888

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Some months ago, I purchased two tickets on Jetstar for PER -> MEL -> PER. The return flight has since been changed from mid-afternoon to mid-morning. Jetstar offered to refund the price of the changed ticket if the change was not suitable.

The change does not suit me at all and my daughter preferred the evening flight to the offered mid-morning flight.

I rang Jetstar to explain that the changed flight does not suit me and thus I wanted to cancel both flights. The operator agreed. The refund should come through in 15 days. She also agreed to change my daughter’s flight to the evening flight.

We are both very pleased with the outcome.

Well done, Jetstar!

Edit:
I forgot to mention that I had price matched the Jetstar price to Tiger's cheaper price.

Last edited:

Mattg

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Nice to hear a good story about Jetstar (for once, lol)...

I was once able to change from an evening to a morning departure due to a Jetstar schedule change of 5 minutes. I was pretty happy with that too.

sinophile888

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I am pleased to report that the full refund amount was recently to credited to my bank account.
Thank you, Jetstar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GypsyTears