Webjet $20 rebate for booking 2 different airlines in booking

Discussion in 'Cheap International Airfares' started by Mal, Dec 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Personally, I don't think this is a super great deal. But it might save some people some money, so why not post it.

https://secure.webjet.com.au/cashback/

2. Shano

Shano Established Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I assume that this would apply to QF and JQ bookings??

3. dajop

dajop Senior Member

Jul 1, 2002
    SIN
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Wouldn't be that keen on this, given that Webjet charge a "per booking processing fee of $15.95 " and a "$4.40 per person per flight seat guarantee fee". This still means a fee of $24.75-$20.00 = $4.75 per return booking for 1 person or $33.55 - $20.00 = $13.55 per return booking for 2 people.

And I don't know what it's like with Webjet, but if my corporate TA puts DJ&QF on the same booking - can't use quick check or online check in for either airline.

This raises a question - why do people use webjet to book flights in the first place? Cheaper to book through airline, and if you have to change they charge a $30.00 change fee in addition to airline change fees.