Status
Not open for further replies.

tinkybelle

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
I just received a letter from Qantas travel money putting a hold on my account
panicking I logged in and see nothing untoward so called them from Bali
lo an behold I cashed in some Lufthansa points wihc converted to 120Euro and they have stopped my account until I prove its a legitimate refund
no its not a refund its a conversion of points
they dont understand
so they have locked me out of my travel money and i am on a 4 week overseas trip wiht no access to the file
i would suggest that no one use this card its rediculous its not 12000euro its 120 euro!!!!
its like talking to a brick wall no supervisor around and no money now for 4 weeks

We have identified unusual activity on your Qantas Travel Money Card.

To prevent further transactions from taking place, we have placed a temporary hold on your card, which will prevent you from using it until we have spoken to you.

At your earliest convenience please contact the Qantas Travel Money Customer Care Team on one of the telephone numbers provided on the back of your card, or alternatively listed on our website:Contact Us | Qantas Money

We will never ask you to confirm personal or account details via email. Please do not respond to this email, or any other emails asking you to divulge this information.

Annoying when you're travelling, but financial institutions have anti-money laundering obligations and there's no guarantee another travel card issuer wouldn't have done the same thing. Travel cards are not bank accounts.

I thought most people already knew knew not to use this card?

At best, I'd have it as a back up plan to other forms of payment. But I could never seriously consider planning to actual use it.

I have really enjoyed using my Qantas travel card...until yesterday. It has now twice been blocked including once when I booked a hotel through Qantas hotels!. They have every right to do this but they do not contact you first.

I do not use a credit card so love this card but now I have been embarrassed twice in two days by my card being declined.

If they cannot trust a booking for March 2020 made through Qantas hotels what wil they trust!

Annoying when you're travelling, but financial institutions have anti-money laundering obligations and there's no guarantee another travel card issuer wouldn't have done the same thing. Travel cards are nwhot bank accounts.

Please don't make excuses for a terrible product. Rates are terrible, service is terrible and assisting travellers is the last thing QF were thinking of when launching this product.

The is pretty much no way I would ever use Qantas Money for FX. There are simply too many better alternate options. I think the only time I have ever used them was once when it was first introduced and they offered some bonus points for loading and using AUD domestically and there were no fees incurred.

I would never use any brand of travel cash card. They are known to be expensive and charge for money going both in and out (unless you BPay into it). There are plenty of better options.

yes i used as I needed to load euro
bad move
hate them

Reactions: DC3
Ing Orange with no Fx or Atm fees!!

Ing Orange with no Fx or Atm fees!!
As long as you go through the hoops in the month before you travel.

Yesterday I was asked by a person departing to Europe on Monday for a month about the cheapest ways to to forex overseas while travelling. I said it would have been to ask in October.

As long as you go through the hoops in the month before you travel.

Yesterday I was asked by a person departing to Europe on Monday for a month about the cheapest ways to to forex overseas while travelling. I said it would have been to ask in October.
All my OS travel is planned way ahead for both work and personal reasons, so no biggie for me....doing 5x $1 transactions at the local supermarket self checkout the month before takes less than 5 minutes, and I need to TF 1K or more in any way to withdraw OS :)

28 degrees + Citibank plus. Have travelled the world with those two - no fees to hold and no Fx
...but at an increasing number of ATMs worldwide, you will be sprung for the local ATM fee which is refunded by Ing orange (but not Citibank plus) which eventually won me over ;)

Last edited:
...but at an increasing number of ATMs worldwide, you will be sprung for the local ATM fee which is refunded by Ing orange (but not Citibank plus) which eventually won me over ;)
that is true but we tend to draw only once and a fairly large sum, so a small flat fee doesn’t worry us :)

My favourite partner just paid for our breakfast on Bankwest World.
No we don’t do travel card money.
Citibank debit , 28 degrees are both ok for travel

wotan ( love your name ) I have used my card overseas, for about six weeks each year since the card was released, without any problems. However recently I had two very embarrassing problems in two days.

I have continued to use it since then without any problems. However I now check my emails whenever I use it just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back