Waiving of annual fee for Black Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardiology

My ANZ Black VISA/AMEX will be paying the annual fees in coming July. Anyone got experiece in getting an annual fee waiving by calling up to cancel the cards? I have been using it frequently with the 50% bonus QFF point offer from Qantas.

Thanks

I have in the past - a lot depends on how much you are spending on it - be prepared for them to say no though - a lot depends on who you get - they may also offer a reduction rather than the full fee

Sounds like theyve been saying no to everyone. I was going to try but have now signed up for a card elsewhere instead and will cancel. Hopefully there will be another bonus in the future.

50% bonus is decent ... I only got 25%

As this card is on the "endangered list" (ATO) they could double the annual fee and I'd still be a happy camper

I got it for free last July too
and was thinking the same I just cant justify $395 when there is no free flight.

Mine not due until September - please advise your outcome.....

Mine not due until September - please advise your outcome.....

Just signed up for this card, getting an internal transfer from the Platinum Rewards card.

Even though the annual fee is huge, but I spent far too much on the VISA per year, and the 33% extra points on the VISA is definitely worth it I reckon!

No luck with the waiving of the annual fee. As I have the first year fee free, they had a policy not to offer any discount on the 2nd year's fee. I have cancelled the card. Good QFF earnings though.

Yeah just rang too , the cancelled my card as well eventhough i spent around 70 k in last 6 months and paid in full

Same here cancelled to.

Ditto. No offer of a fee waiver (which I expected after reading this thread), but they did present some arguments to try and keep me by offering the Platinum card, which I politely declined.

when i cancelled i was told i signed up during the 1st year free promotion so wasn't entitled to another year free. and i had put through quite a fair bit on the card during the year...

when i cancelled i was told i signed up during the 1st year free promotion so wasn't entitled to another year free. and i had put through quite a fair bit on the card during the year...

Got the exact same response. Then they tried to tell me they were better than my other CC and had no comeback when I told them the annual fee was half theirs.

Sounds like you guys chose the one ring of hope, here is the key....

Find a reason to file a FOS complaint, Anz is charged for the filing usually around $1,000 double your annual fee, use it as a tactic but don't file unless absolutely necessary :)

The same response still seems to apply. If it was fee free the 1st year, no chance for a fee waiver in the 2nd year.

It may be important to note that you can make a product switch at any time and ANZ state they will pro-rata the annual fee. One of the features of the card is a bonus 10,000 rewards points if $50,000 has been spent in the 1st year so you might like to hold onto the card for a month longer if this applies.

I'll be moving to the ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures card as the lower annual fee comes with a reasonable benefit - the return flight (you may want to put the card in a drawer though with the points earn rate, except for international spend)

Sounds like you guys chose the one ring of hope, here is the key....

Find a reason to file a FOS complaint, Anz is charged for the filing usually around $1,000 double your annual fee, use it as a tactic but don't file unless absolutely necessary :)

Just be careful with this trick. Whilst your complaint is under review there can be a freeze placed on many aspects of your account. This is part of the FOS process.

Im also not comfortable with vexatious complaints clogging up the FOS just to try and leverage a fee waiver for personal gain. The FOS has real complaints to deal with. The bank is also within its rights to cancel your account for a vexatious complaint.

I play the credit cards changing annually, however this has caught up with me this year as I've been incredibly busy working overseas and have managed to forget to cancel and change before the annual fee on my ANZ black Qantas rewards kicks in. I logged in on the app this morning to see a new statement period and some significant annual charges. I'm offshore so don't have good phone access at the moment, however secure messaged them asking for reduction in fees based on excellent history. Looking at this thread it seems that I won't have any job. Any idea what my options are? Will I be able to cancel and get a full refund? Too optimistic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back