'W' class ticket - no availability - Jun/Jul/Aug/Sep 2006 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

'W' class ticket - no availability - Jun/Jul/Aug/Sep 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

geoffb78

Intern
I have recently tried to change the ticketed date on my ticket from FRA-SFO with Lufthansa. I am booked in W class for travel on Nov 22, 2005 but want to change the date to either Jun/Jul/Aug/Sep 2006. Unfortunately, Lufthansa advise there is no availability for W class on my flight from FRA to SFO for the whole four months listed above!!

Can anyone offer any advice? I cannot re-route the ticket but can change dates for free.

All help appreciated.

Geoff.

Kiwi Flyer

Depending on the fare rules you should be able to reroute (perhaps for a fee and will also be subject to availability). Try FRA-LAX, FRA-DEN, FRA-ORD. Otherwise could upgrade to higher fare which may have availability on the dates you want.

Check if the fare allows you to fly on LH codeshare on UA (should do as UA and LH revenue share trans-atlantic). There may be availability on a UA flight instead.

There is plenty of time to try again. But likely busy period being northern summer so dont know what chance there is of more W availability (W being heavily discounted economy IIRC).

NM

Flights
My Map
Looking at KVS tool and fares from Germany, LH do not offer a W fare type between FRA and SFO. So that is likely why there is no availability. Perhaps they have stopped selling this fare type or it is a special/unpublished fare type.

If they no longer offer it, then you are not going to find any availability. You will need to look at the rules for the fare you purchased and see what options you have to "upgrade" it to a fare type that is offered and available on the day you want to travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatherlee