Vodafone 10,000 point bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was keeping this deal in mind till my daughters 24 month plan expired, which is this month.

So rang up now to see what deal I could get combined with a bit of bartering power in that I was now open to get 3 at once.

So looked around at what other deals were being provided by other carriers and then rang up Vodafone to see if they would better it.....which they did....after a bit of negotion over a couple of days.

RESULT:

24 month contract
3 months free
$50 per phone rebate

+ unlimited social networking (ie face book) which as the phones are for my 3 duaghters is a huge plus re dat usage.

200MB data pm
$180 calls + unlimited calls to other vodafone/3 phones.

+ a free Nokia 97 each (seems to sell for about $390 looking around online)

All for only $29 a month.

So 3 by $559 = $1677
Which is about $23 per month per person = less than I am currently paying now for less generous plans.

PLUS I get 30,000 points (I checked that I would get it for each phone).

I normally use my points for SQ or *A awards in J. So that is retail 4-8 cents each ($1200-$2400). 30,000 is 25% of J to Europe on SQ or 20% in J on Thai.

So I am more than happy with the deal.;)

And my daughters will be too as it is upgrade for them in phone quality and plan inclusions on what they currently have.

So happy dad...and happy daughters.

Gotta do something to keep people from leaving in droves, since their network started to turn to absolute cough!

I've been a loyal Vodafone customer for about 12 years, but next July when my contract expires, I'll be heading straight to Telstra.

Cheers,
- Febs.

Gotta do something to keep people from leaving in droves, since their network started to turn to absolute cough!

I've been a loyal Vodafone customer for about 12 years, but next July when my contract expires, I'll be heading straight to Telstra.

Cheers,
- Febs.
Try living in county Victoria. Vodawho?

Where I live in Sydney there is terrible Vodafone coverage. I was using AAPT (Voda) and now I use TPG (Optus) instead.

Where I live in Sydney there is terrible Vodafone coverage. I was using AAPT (Voda) and now I use TPG (Optus) instead.
Where we are Vodawho is useless, Floptus is OK in some areas and I hate to say it but Telstra (coverage) is pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using AFF Mobile

Where we are Vodawho is useless, Floptus is OK in some areas and I hate to say it but Telstra (coverage) is pretty good.

From an end user perspective, the Telstra network is probablythe best we have in Australia. It's just that Telstra have made you pay dearly for it (although that is now changing), and their customer service is cough (like all the other Telco's)

From an end user perspective, the Telstra network is probablythe best we have in Australia. It's just that Telstra have made you pay dearly for it (although that is now changing), and their customer service is cough (like all the other Telco's)

Telstra have more or less the best 3G network in the world. I have the pleasure of using it on my work-funded NextG card, and it's an incredibly good network.

The problem has always been the high cost, but as you mentioned - they're now quite reasonable, particularly with iPhone plans.

Customer service - well yeah, but after spending an hour on the phone to Voda the other day, I'd put them both in the "rubbish" basket as far as customer service goes!

Cheers,
- Febs.

I should add that the phones are just for my daughters (all at school or Uni)....who will use them in the main in pretty limted areas where coverage is ok.

So for me it works out to be a good deal.

If I was looking for a work phone then I would be a lot more concerned with coverage in different areas.

99.9% of the time if they are in the country they are with wife or I and we have Telstra and Optus (work supplied in each case) phones.

Last edited:
I should add that the phones are just for my daughters (all at school or Uni)....who will use them in the main in pretty limted areas where coverage is ok.

So for me it works out to be a good deal.

While I don't normally use Voda, I do have a Lebara Mobile SIM (Good for cheap international calls) which uses the Voda network, and it is fine around Melbourne.

Find 3 to be fine in the city and when going country auto-roaming to Telstra at no extra cost is very handy too

You may like to see if they will provide N97 Mini instead of the original N97. The original seems to suffer from reliability and other issues, while the N97 mini seems to have overcome may of the N97's problems. My son's N97 has been in for service/repairs at least 6 times and he keeps asking them to just replace it with a N97 mini but so far they just keep replacing components and sending it back, he uses it for a month or so and something else fails.

You may like to see if they will provide N97 Mini instead of the original N97. The original seems to suffer from reliability and other issues, while the N97 mini seems to have overcome may of the N97's problems. My son's N97 has been in for service/repairs at least 6 times and he keeps asking them to just replace it with a N97 mini but so far they just keep replacing components and sending it back, he uses it for a month or so and something else fails.

Thanks.

They are actually the Nokia N97 mini already. My apologies for abbreviating. ;)

Thanks.

They are actually the Nokia N97 mini already. My apologies for abbreviating. ;)
then you are good to go. Apparently the Mini is quite a lot better than the original N97. Its not really mini. They just cut out some of the less important features and as a result made the phone much better.

then you are good to go. Apparently the Mini is quite a lot better than the original N97. Its not really mini. They just cut out some of the less important features and as a result made the phone much better.

Yes. I read a few reviews that were favourable, and the eldest has tried using a friends to make sure she liked operating it. Her friend was very content with his mini as well.

For my intended use I am pretty confident that my three daughters will be delighted, including the unlimited Facebook...and I get 30,000 points at a lower total phone cost than I have been paying for them and so I am more than happy as well.

I was a loyal Vodafone customer for around 10 years and never had an issue with their coverage even in remote country areas. Only issue I can remember is no coverage between Hay and Balranald in 1997-1998.

In 2006 I asked for a new phone to sign another 24 month contract and they refused. Telstra obliged so I signed up with them and Telstra offered a new phone when the 24 month contract expired.

I have been with Telstra for around 4 years now and for me their biggest feature is free 3 minute phone calls to a nominated number. I don't use a mobile very often but this has come in handy to me as I can call home daily 4-5 times a day (some days even more) and pay nothing as long as each phone call is less than 3 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back