Virgin Credit card for retirees

Hi All,

Thought I'd throw this out to the brains trust and see what suggestions you all might have. My parents are both retired but quite financially sound with no debits and reasonable superannuation & income. They've had an AMEX Platinum Edge card for years (since they were working) however about a year or so ago they applied for a CitiBank card (VirginMoney) and got nothing but hassels about lack of income statements and endless requests for letters from accountants. In the end it become too hard and they just gave up.

They'd like to try again for a card with a sign on bonus and I was wondering which of the banks people might have good expirence with in this sort of circumstance. They bank with NAB so most of their regular finance and transactions is with them, however they have a very very old NAB branded credit card that I suspect will rule the out as not a new customer.

I checked moms credit rating on credit savvy and she's over 950! Such a good score shouldn't go to waste! :)

Does anybody have any suggestions for a bank & Velocity branded credit card that might be worth the minimum amount of hassels?

Cheers

I checked moms credit rating on credit savvy and she's over 950! Such a good score shouldn't go to waste! :)
Credit score is largely irrelevant. Income and ability to repay are king.

I recently detailed experiences I had applying for some credit cards, in another thread where I couldn't be bothered filling in all of the details for income, expenses etc, so I basically lodged an application which said I had little to no income and my partner paid for all of my expenses. I was approved for an AMEX Explorer and a Coles no fee mastercard on the same day.

Credit score is largely irrelevant. Income and ability to repay are king.

I recently detailed experiences I had applying for some credit cards, in another thread where I couldn't be bothered filling in all of the details for income, expenses etc, so I basically lodged an application which said I had little to no income and my partner paid for all of my expenses. I was approved for an AMEX Explorer and a Coles no fee mastercard on the same day.
Oh wow...I'll search for that thread tonight when I get home. You didn't need to provide payslips or any form of income?

Oh wow...I'll search for that thread tonight when I get home. You didn't need to provide payslips or any form of income?
No payslips.

I did supply my bank statement.

They called soon after I lodged the application and asked if I could get a statement from my partner indicating that she pays all of my expenses. I said 'Yes'. They said 'Appproved'. I also didn't specify a credit limit, which is something that I normally always do. I usually specify the minum amount for the card so I can churn multiple cards at one time - often $6,000 or $15,000. But they approved me for $25,000.

As I said in that thread "There's never been a better/easier time to churn." (Qantas Premier Credit Card)

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back