Virgin Blue "lounge"

Status
Not open for further replies.

toowongman

Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2006
Messages
479
Points
230
I just wanted to say that the BNE "lounge" is great. It's 1845h on a Friday night, there's about thirty people in here, the wireless is fast, the Crownies are cold, and my stomach is very full. No queues for food, plenty of space and it's really quiet. Ms Toowongman will belt me for saying this but I hope my flight is delayed! And once more, being a big bludger, I've been upped to 'blue zone' for free. Thank you Virgin Blue!
 
AMX001595_Travel-Insider_1100x260

wallacej

Active Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2006
Messages
802
Points
10
toowongman said:
I just wanted to say that the BNE "lounge" is great. It's 1845h on a Friday night, there's about thirty people in here, the wireless is fast, the Crownies are cold, and my stomach is very full. No queues for food, plenty of space and it's really quiet. Ms Toowongman will belt me for saying this but I hope my flight is delayed! And once more, being a big bludger, I've been upped to 'blue zone' for free. Thank you Virgin Blue!

As I have said before...shhhhhhh... this is one time we don't want to much word of mouth...:D

Enjoy... I just got home ex BNE... no delays, but still got the full belly...
 

toowongman

Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2006
Messages
479
Points
230
wallacej said:
As I have said before...shhhhhhh... this is one time we don't want to much word of mouth...:D

Enjoy... I just got home ex BNE... no delays, but still got the full belly...

ok... shhh!
it's 2100h and I'm delayed out until 2200h! Might as well be my loungeroom with caterers...
 

wallacej

Active Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2006
Messages
802
Points
10
toowongman said:
ok... shhh!
it's 2100h and I'm delayed out until 2200h! Might as well be my loungeroom with caterers...

While you are there, if no one else is using the big screen, ask for the foxtel remote and watch what you like.. I tend to find air crash investigations on Nat Geo pretty good to watch before a flight. Sometimes a good way to keep the room to yourself too...:D :D
 

Travel Guru

Established Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2006
Messages
2,011
Points
405
I wish the QP was as quiet at 1845 on any weekday evening as you suggest the blue lounge is.

Last night in BNE it was standing room only, to the point where it got ridiculous....it's about time Qantas upped the membership fee and/or kicked golds out to keep it a bit less like a zoo and a return it to the quiet sanctuary it was intended to provide.

TG
 

toowongman

Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2006
Messages
479
Points
230
wallacej said:
While you are there, if no one else is using the big screen, ask for the foxtel remote and watch what you like.. I tend to find air crash investigations on Nat Geo pretty good to watch before a flight. Sometimes a good way to keep the room to yourself too...:D :D

Yeah... we're watching NQ flog Newcastle...
 

StevePER

Established Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2004
Messages
1,143
Points
10
toowongman said:
I just wanted to say that the BNE "lounge" is great. It's 1845h on a Friday night, there's about thirty people in here, the wireless is fast, the Crownies are cold, and my stomach is very full. No queues for food, plenty of space and it's really quiet.
I've only ever spent much time in the SYD lounge - what's the food like in the others? I don't think I've ever had any food in SYD, the offerings are so meagre. Now I seem to just get Hot Wok every time.
 

wallacej

Active Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2006
Messages
802
Points
10
StevePER said:
I've only ever spent much time in the SYD lounge - what's the food like in the others? I don't think I've ever had any food in SYD, the offerings are so meagre. Now I seem to just get Hot Wok every time.

It is pretty much the same in each of the lounges.. I figure you have a snack, not a meal... however I tend to find breakfast of toast, yoghurt cereal etc ok. I tend to make a sandwich the rest of the time... would be better with spirits on offer - i hear it is a possibility though.
 

pauly7

Established Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2004
Messages
4,989
Points
720
Travel Guru said:
I wish the QP was as quiet at 1845 on any weekday evening as you suggest the blue lounge is.

Last night in BNE it was standing room only, to the point where it got ridiculous....it's about time Qantas upped the membership fee and/or kicked golds out to keep it a bit less like a zoo and a return it to the quiet sanctuary it was intended to provide.

TG

QF are addressing this by building new lounges for J and Plat members in the majors... Should cut the 'cream' LOL out of all the lounges... or some might say the w%$krs :D JOKES!!!!

Seriously though, anyone take a guess about HM ppl this will take out of QF pub? Won't be a ghost town like the Virgin lounge, but on Flyertalk they were touting about 25% reduction M-F on peak times....?
 

Tooner

Active Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2006
Messages
759
Points
250
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Platinum
pauly7 said:
QF are addressing this by building new lounges for J and Plat members in the majors... Seriously though, anyone take a guess about HM ppl this will take out of QF pub?

That would very much depend on where the new lounges are being built. If they are being built within the existing boundaries, then I would imagine the existing QP will appear just as full (if not more so given duplication of services etc).

Unless the plan is top convert the CL to the new Business Lounge ;)
 
Trying to access your favourite Australian websites when overseas only to discover they have been geo-blocked? Concerned about your internet privacy especially when using unsecured wifi? NordVPN will solve both these common problems.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

wallacej

Active Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2006
Messages
802
Points
10
Sitting in the Melb Lounge here on a Sunday night at 7pm. Don't know what the QP qould be like at this time, but rght now there would be about 20-24 ppl. Couple of kids playing pool, a few belting away on their laptops and some watching the big screen.

Again, priority line worked well, no one waiting, straight through. Loving it.... I will enjoy it while it lasts. This is what a lounge should be like, No hustle and bustle, just quiet relax time before getting the flight.

Cheers DJ
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top