Virgin Australia introduce Business Class - BNE/SYD/MEL

Discussion in 'Virgin Australia Velocity' started by markis10, Nov 2, 2011.

1. markis10

markis10 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2004
    BNE & SYD
    VIRGIN AUSTRALIA BUSINESS CLASS FARES ON SALE TODAY
    FOR THE TRIANGLE
    2 NOVEMBER 2011
    Virgin Australia group of airlines has today commenced sales of its Business Class product between Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane for travel from 18 January, 2012.
    Virgin Australia CEO John Borghetti said: “Following the successful introduction of Business Class on Virgin Australia trans-continental services, we are pleased to announce that Business Class on the Sydney-Melbourne-Brisbane Triangle is available for sale today, ahead of schedule”.
    “Our new Business Class product is a key part of our strategy to reposition Virgin Australia as the airline of choice for all market sectors. Providing an excellent product on the Triangle is a key priority for us, with routes such as Melbourne-Sydney among the busiest in the world.
    “In line with our commitment to providing excellent value, we will be offering the most competitively priced fares in the market, with fares starting from as little as $559.00 one way”, Mr Borghetti said.

Virgin Australia’s Business Class introductory pricing includes:
    Sydney Brisbane From $579.00 one way
    Melbourne Sydney From $559.00 one way
    Brisbane Melbourne From $885.00 one way
    Guests of Virgin Australia’s Business Class will benefit from complimentary access to Virgin
    Australia’s lounges and priority check-in and boarding.

BUSINESS CLASS FEATURES INCLUDE:
    · Luxury leather seating with 38” seat pitch on the Boeing 737 and 62” seat pitch on the Airbus
    A330
    · Newspapers are available until noon daily
    · Luke Mangan designed menu options
    · Premium Australian wines and beers, and spirit selection
    To make a booking, call Virgin Australia on 13 67 89 or visit the website: Flight specials & holiday deals | Virgin Australia
    * Seats are limited and may not be available at peak times or on all flights. Business Class fare is correct as at 2
    November 2011 and is subject to change. Fares are on sale from 2 November for travel from 18 January 2012. For full
    terms and conditions, visit Flight specials & holiday deals | Virgin Australia

Registered Users have the option of removing this and all other advertisementsMore…

2. james1

james1 Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Sydney
    Doing some dummy bookings for these routes from the 18th Jan, the 'introductory' prices appear to be matched to premium economy seats.
    Not loaded properly yet?

3. Fruitcake

Fruitcake Established Member

Feb 22, 2011
    'Premium' price jumps from $425 on 17 January to $579 on 18 January. So it seems they're missing the brown 'business' tag that shows on transcon bookings.

4. samh004

Apr 1, 2009
    Gold Coast
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Linkedin:
    Instagram:
    While they’re priced below QF, I would have been quite happy to see the prices remain unchanged :(

I wonder how long after this OOL will be included as a BNE/OOL point on the triangle?

5. Virgin Australia

Sep 21, 2010
    Brisbane, Queensland
    I believe there there are still some systems being updated. Rest assured from Jan 18th these will be J class.

6. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    Now if only I (and no doubt others here) could afford those prices :(

Thanks VFF.

• Like Like x 2
  7. swanning_it

swanning_it Senior Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Gold Coast and PNG Highlands
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I've no idea on the QF prices, but these are a bit higher than I expected.

8. notzac

notzac Established Member

Oct 6, 2008
    MEL
    Presumably when they open the lounge, if not before.

9. Jack Melon

Jack Melon Guest

I noticed that in this press release, and other articles, In-Flight Entertainment was not mentioned in the offerings/service.

I thought you got one of those crappy digiplayer things? Or is a new IFE on its way before the launch day of business class on the golden triangle?

Just a thought.

Jack

10. Dalmien76

Dalmien76 Junior Member

May 11, 2006
    #10 Dalmien76, Nov 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2011
    You gotta remember guys, this is Business Class, not Premium Economy. Prices will then reflect that. Full Business Class service and not just items from the retail cart. Of course prices will reflect that. 

11. Dalmien76

Dalmien76 Junior Member

May 11, 2006
    *Business (sorry, iPhone, small keyboard. )

12. Justchecking

Justchecking Active Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Mars
    Got to agree, would not be viable to provide more legroom, fewer seats in same space and proper meals for PE fares. I think there's maybe a lot of high expectations around that Virgin would be a lot cheaper in J but they've still got to make it pay. The trimmings don't come cheap and they have to make a good profit too otherwise it isn't worth the effort they are going to.

13. Dalmien76

Dalmien76 Junior Member

May 11, 2006
    Correct. The amount of money being spent is quite a lot to ensure this product is outstanding. This is a big step up from just the old and pretty average PE product. It never really worked from day one. The seating was never right, product was never really right, and the fact that they just moved anyone into spare seats when they needed them really made a mockery of the product at the best of times. What JB is doing will put the airline up there with some of the best. I'll be watching with a keen eye as to where they will go in the future. Very excited.

14. Noob

Noob Established Member

May 28, 2011
    QANTAS Business Class Melbourne - Sydney @ $628
    virgin Business Class Melbourne - Sydney @ $559

QANTAS Business Class Melbourne - Brisbane @ $1263
    virgin Business Class Melbourne - Brisbane @ $884

QANTAS Business Class Sydney - Brisbane @ $690
    virgin Business Class Sydney - Brisbane @ $579

*Note prices in domestic J are pretty consistent on both carriers.

15. swanning_it

swanning_it Senior Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Gold Coast and PNG Highlands
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Thanks Noob, I am lazy at times but didn't expect anyone to do my research for me, but thanks anyway!

For the SYD-BNE J, in my mind I had that slotted in under the $500 mark, but then again I can't even remember what PE used to be. Oh well, plenty of support for the prices it would seem, so let's hope it works for DJ.

16. 777

777 Established Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    It's probably too pricey for me. I have been known to do P/E on occasions - particularly when the price difference between P/E and Y Flexis were low but i probably can't justify the price leap here. Still i get my free upgrades, i can always use points and there's the small chance that one of these days i will actually get an op-up.

• Like Like x 1
  17. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    At 89, 70 and 84% of the QF prices, I see that VA have priced them on sector importance (expected loads).

18. cityloop

cityloop Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Melbourne
    Wouldn't be surprised if Qantas lowers their Business fares to match or beat Virgins. Let the biz price wars begin. The real battle will be winning corporate accounts.

• Like Like x 1
  19. smit0847

smit0847 Established Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Melbourne
    Would anyone actually pay that much for a 1 hour flight? I can fully understand wanting more leg room, to be comfortable etc for an east coast flight but unless work was paying for it, I cannot imagine paying that much for a short flight.

I also thought the premium economy was a complete joke domestically - same seats (with a slightly moved arm rest) and what would people actually eat and drink, $30 of junky food and drink and for this VB was expecting people to pay 3 - 4x the cost of a Saver fare for a short flight?

20. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    Nice headline story in the Courier Mail today