Velocity auto-redemption

Status
Not open for further replies.
Virgin
Platinum
Altitude are offering Velocity auto-redemption: https://altituderewards.com.au/public/info.aspx?name=velocity

Looks like good value for the first couple of months where you get the automatic 15% bonus, particularly if you need to book a domestic flight where you will also receive a 15% discount.

How often do they normally run a 15% transfer bonus that isn't attached to an auto-redemption? Because I'm still definitely in Altitude 'accumulation' mode I think I'll just be leaving my points in there so I have flexibility to transfer to other programs.

Altitude are offering Velocity auto-redemption

Looks like good value for the first couple of months where you get the automatic 15% bonus, particularly if you need to book a domestic flight where you will also receive a 15% discount.

How often do they normally run a 15% transfer bonus that isn't attached to an auto-redemption? Because I'm still definitely in Altitude 'accumulation' mode I think I'll just be leaving my points in there so I have flexibility to transfer to other programs.

I thought the offer sucked. Perhaps if it was a permanent bonus. But 15% for the next 6 weeks. No thanks. I'd rather accumulate and keep flexibility.

I considered this too.
Based on Velocity Transfer Redemption Bonuses on Point Hacks under "Offer History" (Google it - sorry not allowed to hyperlink it due to insufficient posts), it runs twice a year and the next one is probably going to be offered in May 2016.

Westpac may well not participate in the normal bonuses any more (they've skipped some in the past) if they have this running.

I'm a bit puzzled - if the auto redemption bonus is temporary, why on earth would anyone turn this on (except for maybe turning it on during the bonus and then back off, if you can)?

It's particularly bad given I guess a lot of VFFs would occasionally be doing SQ redemptions, and it'll be much better to transfer straight across from altitude rather than auto-redeeming to VA and then transferring to Krisflyer.

Westpac may well not participate in the normal bonuses any more (they've skipped some in the past) if they have this running.

I'm a bit puzzled - if the auto redemption bonus is temporary, why on earth would anyone turn this on (except for maybe turning it on during the bonus and then back off, if you can)?

It's particularly bad given I guess a lot of VFFs would occasionally be doing SQ redemptions, and it'll be much better to transfer straight across from altitude rather than auto-redeeming to VA and then transferring to Krisflyer.

Fair point.
What I personally would like to know is whether you can turn off the Velocity auto-redemption in the future. If you can, I think I will do it for the first two months then turn it off.

Fair point.
What I personally would like to know is whether you can turn off the Velocity auto-redemption in the future. If you can, I think I will do it for the first two months then turn it off.

I have setup auto-redemption on Velocity online.

In their website, it says "To cancel Auto-Redemption, please call us on 1300 887 820"

Anyone know how long it takes to transfer on the first instance? Points aren't in my Altitude account but haven't turned up in my Velocity either. In the dark hole somewhere since 12th May.

Anyone know how long it takes to transfer on the first instance? Points aren't in my Altitude account but haven't turned up in my Velocity either. In the dark hole somewhere since 12th May.

Just found the answer to my question.......I read the T&C's......Please allow 3 business days for the processing of the transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back