Velocity Amex Platinum - timing to make 2 x Free flight booking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ktan89

I haven't redeem my free virgin flight and my card annual renewal is coming up shortly: 16/10/2019.

The gf and I finally decide to go on a short trip to Cairns but we need 2 tickets and after looking at cash tickets, it is roughly $80 more than the $375 amex annual fee.

So correct me if i am wrong, we are thinking of booking 1 ticket on the 15/10/2019 and then waiting a couple of days to book the second ticket say 17/10/2019.

This should work right.. providing there is available flights? I don't think availability will be a problem because we are looking at going early/mid August 2020.

Yes that would work, just double check the dates of expiration as with the velocity platinum card the free flight expires and is renewed about a month before the actual annual fee is billed. So in your case if the annual renewal date is the next time the annual fee is billed, good chance the 2018/19 flight has expired and you would be using the 19/20 flight.
To get back to your original question yes it would work if you booked a few days before the comp flight is due to expire, and then book your partners a few days after new triggers, just call velocity once it’s all booked to get your seats together

Thanks Manuka, you are right about the 30days before card annual fee is charged.

I called Amex asking them when my complimentary flight will expire and lucky I got my dates wrong.

My card was activated 29/10/18 and annual fee charged 25/11/18.

They said the complimentary virgin flight is issued when the card is approved/activated and last for 365day, so that means it expires 29/10/19. After this date, a new complimentary flight ticket will be issued (exp 29/10/20). The annual renewal fee will generate on the 25/11/19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back