VAH 2014 results announcement | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

VAH 2014 results announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

smit0847

Established Member
$355m statutory loss

Highlights:
- Game Change strategy now complete. Next strategy is to grow loyalty.
- 4.5m VFF members - aim to grow to 7m in 5 years.
- Selling off 35% of VFF to raise $350m
- 25% of business is Corporate and Government (above goal of 20%)
- J to be introduced trans-tasman and to Fiji
- 'in the next few weeks, we will make a major announcement on our premium product offering' - I'm guessing new 77W J seat?

Last edited:

TomVexille

Enthusiast
Interesting about J coming in Trans-Tasman.

Was there a timeframe on that?

ABC1

And he's sold part of the FF program which will bring $336 million cash.. Selling the farm to keep the house.. I can't see AIR NZ or SQ dipping in to bring in more cash.

Kefci2000

Established Member
Flights
My Map
Good strategy.

Beef up trans Tasman to compete with your part owner and code share operator!

mannej

The selling off of a stake in Velocity slipped under the radar.

cmon0005

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Flights
My Map
I think part selling their FF business is a stupid idea, not only for the long term for the company and but also for the FF's who will no doubt see benefits/awards reduced. Maybe they were banking on QF selling part of theirs as well so thought they would do so as well?

Other than a short-term cash hit, I can't see any long term benefit from this sale.

smit0847

Established Member
I think part selling their FF business is a stupid idea, not only for the long term for the company and but also for the FF's who will no doubt see benefits/awards reduced. Maybe they were banking on QF selling part of theirs as well so thought they would do so as well?

Other than a short-term cash hit, I can't see any long term benefit from this sale.
I completely agree.

amaroo

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map

Maybe they had to raise cash quickly to appease the three foreign cash cows.

MarcB

Flights
My Map
Will Nick Xenophobe be calling for ASIC to investigate VAH's failure to inform the market of the Velocity transaction? Or is it just QF who need to worry about listing requirements?

Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Saab34

Established Member
Flights
My Map
Buried in there also is a loss of ~40m on their Tiger stake......
He was very confident, almost promising a Tiger profit in FY17.

Looking forward to the expected cabin refresh announcement in 3 weeks which he quoted in the conference. He did say it will "raise the bar" above a 100% offering, across domestic and International.

dajop

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map
Good strategy.

Beef up trans Tasman to compete with your part owner and code share operator!
Well maybe it was decided in consultation with that operator, who only have business class on certain widebody flights each day to/from AKL, with most flights on A320s without a business class cabin .... It may actually complement rather than compete with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icet