VA Lounge Access International Short-Haul

_flyer

Intern
Qantas
Silver
Virgin
Platinum
Hi All,

Going forward do we anticipate that VA will sign an agreement for lounge access at Australian international departure points? I’m not sure they will given their limited international routes and their new status as a value carrier. I just read that their is only on-board purchase of food for all short-haul routes including Denpasar.

I have booked a flight at Christmas with VA and I think the only lounge option might be Amex - if they are open.

_flyer

jase05

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Hi All,

Going forward do we anticipate that VA will sign an agreement for lounge access at Australian international departure points? I’m not sure they will given their limited international routes and their new status as a value carrier. I just read that their is only on-board purchase of food for all short-haul routes including Denpasar.

I have booked a flight at Christmas with VA and I think the only lounge option might be Amex - if they are open.

_flyer
VA will have lounge access at SYD, MEL and BNE for International flights. Im certain they have done a deal with Swissport and their new Aspire branded lounges. Pretty sure they are the old No1 lounges just rebranded

_flyer

Intern
Qantas
Silver
Virgin
Platinum
VA will have lounge access at SYD, MEL and BNE for International flights. Im certain they have done a deal with Swissport and their new Aspire branded lounges. Pretty sure they are the old No1 lounges just rebranded

Ah good to know. Thanks Jase05

antycbr

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
Wonder if they’ve “de-blinged” them from their EY days?

antycbr

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
I doubt it. I bet they look exactly the same - at most a change of signage.
Yep.

I guess with no widebodies for the moment you're looking at a lot less demand anyway as you only have at most 8 pax based on J class of service on a narrowbody plus whatever Gold/Plats are in Y.

We've Increased Our Flying to 30 Destinations Across Australia. Book With Us Today. Change Your Flight, Fee-Free and As Often As You Like for Travel up to 30 Apr 22*. Contactless Check-in. Special Safety Protocols. New Cleaning Practices. Online Check-in.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

jase05

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Yep.

I guess with no widebodies for the moment you're looking at a lot less demand anyway as you only have at most 8 pax based on J class of service on a narrowbody plus whatever Gold/Plats are in Y.
The lounges would also still be used for other airlines such as EY and possibly Priority Pass will do a deal with Swissport to access their lounges

antycbr

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
The lounges would also still be used for other airlines such as EY and possibly Priority Pass will do a deal with Swissport to access their lounges
Agreed, just referring to VA demand being lower for a while.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..