VA and QF Plat. Now we choose one | Page 4 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

VA and QF Plat. Now we choose one

exceladdict

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
After a while off flying for work have had to do a bit of transcon and have had the opportunity to on both carriers. Flying Y with no status; the experience is what you'd imagine, but a big feather in QF's cap is the inflight wifi on their B737s with no speed cap, where VA's free offering is speed limited.

As I'm flying daytime, it makes a big difference to being able to get work done. I know all won't want to stay connected when travelling, but it's been a big deal for me.

Ade

Hi @Ade apparently DSC is coming soon, offer available in two days if this page on VA can be trusted. Pls note, exclusions and conditions apply.

Wow :) this is awesome. I visited the page and although the text reads "This offer is expired", the T&C's note as below

*To be eligible for this Virgin Australia double Status Credits offer, you must (1) activate this offer between 12.01am AEST 20 May 2019 and 11.59pm 27 May 2019 inclusive (Promotion Period); (2) after offer activation, book an Eligible Virgin Australia flight during the Promotion Period and enter a valid Velocity membership number at the time of booking; and (3) complete travel on an Eligible Flight.

An Eligible Flight is any Virgin Australia marketed and operated flight and fare class for travel between 20 May 2019 and 14 April 2020 (inclusive) that normally earns Status Credits.

Hopefully the offer is true and becomes active :) Got some bookings to do. Just realized I might need an overseas trip in Sept

Spider

Intern
AFF Supporter
• Comfort: line-ball but better on QF 737 as the VA seats are hard and bargain basement. A330 -v- A330, same. VA 777 is better than anything QF has, and we flew 747, A380 and 787. Line ball.
Don't forget that QF have also domestic A333s which have flat beds in J. Nothing beats that on domestic flights.

Reactions: Ade

AFF on Air Podcast

• British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clyntc