Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Using Singapore miles to buy tickets before they expire, and extending ticket date

walglaser

How can I buy tickets with Singapore Airlines miles before these expire --- Melbourne to Istanbul, in such a way that the tickets can be extended to a time when we can fly without quarantine? In other words, can I buy tickets with these miles now and change them for tickets on the same route – – Melbourne – Singapore – Istanbul – – at whatever time we can again fly Melbourne Istanbul without having to go into quarantine in Istanbul or on our return to Australia. Could you please advise me the best way to do this?

Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

maz1

I am thinking of doing a similar sort of thing just to save 160000 miles.
The problem is every time you change your flights its quite costly and who knows when we will be able to fly again...
I am so regretful of putting my miles into krisflyer. I would never again unless they changed their expiry rule

aikman

It is only a US$25 fee to change dates subject to award seat availability. I think though though that an award ticket only has a maximum validity of 1 year. Covid will probably still be around then.

maz1

$25 is not so bad at all.... I'm trying to think what I used last year and it cost me $200 to change from arrival into Rome instead of Milan

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinkyquokka