USA ESTA asks for social media IDs | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

USA ESTA asks for social media IDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flights
My Map
Had to renew my ESTA for an upcoming visit and noted the form now asks about your presence on social media.
I am assuming this is fairly recent as the questions have not yet appeared on at least a couple of those agency" sites that helpfully offer to take extra money for your application.
It wants a screen name or user ID. Password not requested.
Could be a number of new accounts set up on FB and the rest :cool:

Himeno

Established Member
It has asked that for a while. Was added at least 16 months ago.

Daver6

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Next they'll want to know your AFF handle :shock:

JohnPhelan

Established Member
And goodness knows how on earth they think they can get the accurate info anyway. It's like expecting people with nasty plans in mind to stick up their hands.
They also ask if you are a terrorist.

Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
It is optional but I told Ms FM to fill hers in, as the last thing you want is them to do a search and find someone with the same name whose Facebook page is a lot more controversial!

The other thing that is new since I last did one is asking if you have ever held a passport of another country and if you answer yes then you have to fill in the details. I did hold another one 40 years ago and have no idea of the details, so that is a major pain. You would think some sort of limitation would be sensible, like in the last 10 years....

Strategic Aviation

Established Member
Can't believe it's already been five years since Caution on Twitter urged as tourists barred from US - BBC News:-

After the interview, Homeland Security reported: "Mr Bryan confirmed that he had posted on his Tweeter website account that he was coming to the United States to dig up the grave of Marilyn Monroe.

"Also on his tweeter account Mr Bryan posted he was coming to destroy America."

JohnK

Veteran Member
They make the rules if you want to enter. But in reality the only place they could really find you is Facebook. Assuming you use a real name.
I use my real name for email. They can't have access to my emails. And as far as they are concerned I don't do Social Media.

They'll stop you entering if you don't do Social Media?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picturerestoration