Upper deck seating on BA - available exit row? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Upper deck seating on BA - available exit row?

Status
Not open for further replies.

simongr

Enthusiast
Hi all
I am just going through manage my booking on BA trying to lock in personal info and pick whatever seats I can. I actually have my first real long haul flight in Club World - LHR-HKG.
I was able to choose the upper deck exit row seat - is this actually a good seat? Is it normal for a lowly OWS to be able to get these seats?
Cheers
S

simongr

Enthusiast
62B - I dont like the backwards facing seats as I have felt trapped and hidden in these seats.

I will be aiming to sleep on this flight potentially - well I dont think I will have any choice as I will have just sepnt 4 hours on a CE flight (LCA-LHR) and a couple of hours in the F lounge :D so they might be pouring me into my seat ...

Tooner

Flights
My Map
simongr said:
62B - I dont like the backwards facing seats as I have felt trapped and hidden in these seats.

I will be aiming to sleep on this flight potentially - well I dont think I will have any choice as I will have just sepnt 4 hours on a CE flight (LCA-LHR) and a couple of hours in the F lounge :D so they might be pouring me into my seat ...
The only problem you'd have with 62B is having the FA reach across you to provide champers for the backward sitting person in 62A:-|

The benefit of A & K is the entrance into the seat is easier because of the exit. There's no-one directly in front (or is that behind:rolleyes: ).

IIRC, BA makes all seats available on ba.com MMB. Sooooo much easier than QF.

markis10

Veteran Member
62 is in front of the exit, IMHO 62A is a nice seat as you have the exit row to vacate your seat via and the window!

simongr

Enthusiast
Thanks guys - I shall make a change shortly (after I finish eating in fact). I really like this functionality. I dont like phoning QF as I sometimes feel harried to take a particular seat. I like being able to "see" the seat before choosing. Hopefully this is a QF enhancement in progress...

Interestingly by having the seats in front of me I have actually chosen some window seats on my AA flights.... all day time.

Cheers

S

Dave Noble

simongr said:
Hi all
I am just going through manage my booking on BA trying to lock in personal info and pick whatever seats I can. I actually have my first real long haul flight in Club World - LHR-HKG.
I was able to choose the upper deck exit row seat - is this actually a good seat? Is it normal for a lowly OWS to be able to get these seats?
Cheers
S
62AK are good seats; it is normal for a Sapphire member to be able to select any seat other than row 1 in F

Dave

simongr

Enthusiast
I have now switched to 62A :) - should be a nice flight - plenty of sleep I hope!

tuapekastar

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
simongr said:
Hi all
Is it normal for a lowly OWS to be able to get these seats?
Cheers
S
Come now simongr, a bit of perspective please. ;) Excluding the ultra-rare invitation-only level, Oneworld Sapphire is level 2 out of 4 in most OW FF schemes...not quite what I'd call 'lowly'. :cool: (though I do see your point re being able to snag exit row seats when not at the highest FF level)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronborland