Upgrading with QFF points, but crediting to AA

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by one9, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. one9

one9 Active Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Sorry if this has been posted before:

I am about to book a QF economy domestic flight. I wish to apply for an upgrade with points, but I want to credit points/status to AA.

Is the only way to do this, to use my QFF number when booking, and then ringing up Qantas after getting my boarding pass to request them to change the frequent flyer number from QF to AA (assuming my upgrade is successful)?

2. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Just book with youir AA FF number.

Then phone QF and ask them to use your FF points to upgrade the flight. You just need to know the flight details (flight number, date and time) to do that.

You can use your FF points to upgrade any eligible family member in the same way. So you are just upgrading yourself and the booking does not need to show your QF FF number at all.

But do be certain to ensure the QF res agent does NOT change your FF number to your QF FF number. They may think there is a mistake in the booking and they are doing you a favour by changing it to you QF FF number. When I do this, I make it very clear that I do not want them to alter the FF number as I want the flight to credit to my AA account.