Upgrading on QF ticketed using AA Points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithym

Intern
Just wondering if it is possible to use AA points to upgrade on a QF ticketed and operated flight?

AMX001595_Travel-Insider_1100x260

NM

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
smithym said:
Just wondering if it is possible to use AA points to upgrade on a QF ticketed and operated flight?
No

Only option for upgrading QF flight (numbered and operated) are:
  • Qantas FF points
  • Qantas FF Upgrade Credits
  • $$$

Dave Noble

As NM points out, QF flights cannot be upgraded. Also consider that an AA flight ticketed by QF cannot be upgraded using miles or eVIPs; they must be on AA ticket stock

Dave

Kiwi Flyer

Now that *A has alliance mileage upgrades (not yet fully rolled out) I wonder whether OW will introduce similar?

Dave Noble

Kiwi Flyer said:
Now that *A has alliance mileage upgrades (not yet fully rolled out) I wonder whether OW will introduce similar?

I doubt it somehow. AA used to have upgrade awards on QF and ( iirc CX), but they were removed; I wouldn't be holding my breath for cross-airline upgrades to be reintroduced

Dave

NM

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Kiwi Flyer said:
That would require the inclusion of a "One" in the OneWorld alliance :p.

Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Status
Not open for further replies.