Upgrade on QF codeshare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dripool

Hi all,
Been lurking for a while. Question for you all on upgrades

I purchased a SYD-LAX flight through AA.COM, using my US$ credit card. I had assumed that I would be able to use my QF points to request an upgrade, but QF call centre with some uncertainty is saying they can't do it because it is a codeshare?

Is there a way around this? (I'm QF Gold)

Thanks

NM

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
If you want to upgrade then you need to purchase the QF flight number not the AA codeshare flight number. You need to look at the fare rules for the fare you purchased to see if you can cancel it and re-purchase or if you can change to the QF flight number. It will all depends on the specific fare rules for the fare you purchased.

We've Increased Our Flying to 30 Destinations Across Australia. Book With Us Today. Change Your Flight, Fee-Free and As Often As You Like for Travel up to 30 Apr 22*. Contactless Check-in. Special Safety Protocols. New Cleaning Practices. Online Check-in.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online