Upcoming bank/fb transfer bonus | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Upcoming bank/fb transfer bonus

odysseus

Established Member
AFF Supporter
For anyone interested, it looks like Velocity will be offering its regular bank and Flybuys transfer bonus in November again.

Just a reminder to hold off until then if you were thinking of transferring points.

knagelli

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Silver
Flights
My Map
Yesterday received an email from velocity asking to choose the preferred points transfer partner , may be something to do with transferring points.

PDog

Fingers crossed the flybuys bonus is less than the current offer, as I dumped a heap earlier in the week!! 🤣🤣

bcworld

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
1572328594005.png

But what kind of bonus? Points, status credits, credit card points, Flybuys...?

jase05

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
November is usually credit card bonus transfer month
Yep.
I also got a survey last week and several questions were aimed at CC transfers so I’m thinking possibly that’s what it is

GSP

Yep.
I also got a survey last week and several questions were aimed at CC transfers so I’m thinking possibly that’s what it is
That would be good. I've got a decent stash of ANZ rewards points waiting to transfer at a bonus. It was 30% extra in May this year.

odysseus

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Definitely credit card transfer bonus (incl flybuys). See my other thread.

daft009

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
can't see an extra bonus on top for certain cards (like last time)?
or is that usually announced a few days after the velocity announcement?

IIRC ANZ offered a total of 50% bonus last time

Mattg

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
can't see an extra bonus on top for certain cards (like last time)?
or is that usually announced a few days after the velocity announcement?

IIRC ANZ offered a total of 50% bonus last time
Seems to be a 30% bonus (i.e. the regular 15% bonus + extra 15%) for ANZ Rewards and ANZ Business Rewards this time. I got this email from Velocity this morning:

Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 7.00.28 am.png

Stealthflyer

Virgin
Platinum
Seems to be a 30% bonus (i.e. the regular 15% bonus + extra 15%) for ANZ Rewards and ANZ Business Rewards this time. I got this email from Velocity this morning:

View attachment 194996
I got the same one. In the terms and conditions at the bottom it referenced the terms of the 15% flybuys bonus, even though the body of the email didn’t. So it looks like the bonus for transfers applies to many of Velocity’s partner companies.

I have a question for those savvy with Hilton points. Is it worth transferring them to Velocity or is it better to redeem them through Hilton Honors?

Denali

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Been waiting for this and dumped all of our Flybuy points into VA as hubby has been suffering from point loss anxiety since I redeemed 2 x SQ J seats to Sth Africa a month or so ago.

Points and bonus took about 60 seconds to appear in his Velocity account.

zainman

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Why no CommBank? I’m assuming this is their decision and not Velocity’s to not offer the bonus...

Stealthflyer

Virgin
Platinum
Been waiting for this and dumped all of our Flybuy points into VA as hubby has been suffering from point loss anxiety since I redeemed 2 x SQ J seats to Sth Africa a month or so ago.
I’m glad there’s a term for it!

knagelli

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Silver
Flights
My Map
I am trying to transfer chunk of flybuy points however it knocks me down saying I have already transferred the limit for this year. When I sum up all the transfers , I am sure it is less than 138000 flybuys points. Not sure what is the issue.

Does it help if I call up the flybuys customer care ?

odysseus

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Why no CommBank? I’m assuming this is their decision and not Velocity’s to not offer the bonus...
Unfortunately, CBA rarely participate in these. The last one earlier this year where they did join in was more an exception than the rule.

odysseus

Established Member
AFF Supporter
I am trying to transfer chunk of flybuy points however it knocks me down saying I have already transferred the limit for this year. When I sum up all the transfers , I am sure it is less than 138000 flybuys points. Not sure what is the issue.

Does it help if I call up the flybuys customer care ?
That would be where you'd go as it's a flybuys restriction. It could be worthwhile double checking your Velocity statement over the past year as it may be quicker though!

AFF on Air Podcast

• Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jozo