Unions fret about backdoor to Qantas

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Yada Yada, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Yada Yada

Yada Yada Established Member

Dec 6, 2004
    1F
    It's difficult to see a long-term future for unionised crews at QF.

2. jakeseven7

jakeseven7 Active Member

Sep 9, 2005
    You know what, I think its great. I have just finished writing a 'Dear Geoff' letter, complimenting the Jetconnect service on a recent trip to NZ (both international & domestic), which in my opinion is 500X better than mainline QF Australian based crew.

I have never had such attentive yet unobtrusive service which anticipated passengers needs & made everyones trip comfortable even in the old 737's that QF australia has flung across the ditch to keep NZ honest.

I'm not sure if it is because in NZ, QF isn't as dominant as they are in Australia - and have to work a bit harder, or how Jetconnect is run - management etc. Whatever they are doing its great, and I would be more than happy to see similar crew who actually want the job working for QF....

3. Yada Yada

Yada Yada Established Member

Dec 6, 2004
    1F
    I think part of it is due to the culture of the company. QF has had decades of this culture and it's probably difficult for them to shake it, not to mention the entrenched conditions. I've found the DJ service (and O7 when it was flying) heaps more friendly in comparison.

4. Reggie

Reggie Established Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Manchester
    Jakeseven7 I have also experienced this on the flights to NZ. I have had to fly there twice in the past 3 months and the service was definitely better than the normal QF standard.

5. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    Northwest Attendants Send Union Get-Tough Message

QF are not the only ones in union strife!