TRS for Norfolk Island?

Jackaranda

Hi all. I've been actively lurking on AFF forums for a while now, but I couldn't find a definitive answer to this question. So I decided to create an account and ask.

Has anyone had any luck getting a TRS refund when traveling to N.I. ? I found lots of conflicting information with some blogs saying yes and others saying no.

Have recently booked an award ticket flying QF BNE-NLK this November and I am interested to hear if anyone has had any personal experience with this.

Cheers, Jackaranda.

SYD

Established Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Welcome to AFF!

The ATO still lists NI as TRS eligible:

Some of the recent discussion on other threads being denied TRS is possibly confusion during COVID times. Hopefully someone with recent experience ex-BNE can provide an update?

When I went ex-SYD in May, I didn’t try because the NZ bubble had no long started and prior to that, there reports of TRS not operating. But DF was up and running for both departure and arrivals (including pre-orders).

Last edited:

SYD

Established Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
You’ve probably already seen this thread but some useful info / reports / ideas.

Jackaranda

Welcome to AFF!

The ATO still lists NI as TRS eligible:

Some of the recent discussion on other threads being denied TRS is possibly confusion during COVID times. Hopefully someone with recent experience ex-BNE can provide an update?

When I went ex-SYD in May, I didn’t try because the NZ bubble had no long started and prior to that, there reports of TRS not operating. But DF was up and running for both departure and arrivals (including pre-orders).
Hi, SYD. My apologies for such a belated response. Thanks for getting back to me. I'll check out the link listed below. It's surprisingly hard to find information on this topic so I really appreciate it!

SYD

Established Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
No worries. Actually, I’m surprised others haven’t jumped in to confirm or not their recent experience with TRS ex-BNE to NLK.

Jackaranda

No worries. Actually, I’m surprised others haven’t jumped in to confirm or not their recent experience with TRS ex-BNE to NLK.
I'm surprised there are no trip reports either. Or that there is still ample award availability on these flights it's a great redemption rate considering the cost of the fare.

SYD

Established Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Quite an extensive TR here (pre-QF getting the temp gig):

QF was supposed to finish in August but with NZ in lockdown and a bunch of us in the SEast not able to fly, there’s probably a rare oversupply v demand for redemption seats.

Combining a phone charger and phone holder our Magnetic Wireless Car Phone Charger quickly charges your phone while driving without tangled cords!

Suitable for car dashboard air vent installation, our wireless phone charger makes phone calls and GPS navigation easier more convenient.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Jackaranda

Quite an extensive TR here (pre-QF getting the temp gig):

QF was supposed to finish in August but with NZ in lockdown and a bunch of us in the SEast, probably a rare oversupply v demand for redemption seats.
I stand corrected. Thank you.

henrus

Established Member
Solutions
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
When I flew from BNE-NLK in November last year I was told no in Brisbane.

Being the only intl flight at the time I asked at the passport desk and was questioned if I was a Norfolk resident. When I said no they told me I wasn't eligible and to be honest I couldn't be bothered pushing it any further but I suspect I was indeed eiglbe provided I remained under the limit upon return.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..