Tricks to reduce minimum credit card limit?

yojohnny

Intern
For years I had a 28 Degree's credit card and had lowered the limit to $2000. I closed this credit card before I started churning however to increase chances of getting approved for a new credit card.

There are some cashback deals with 28 Degree's now so I was considering applying for a new credit card however the minimum limit is now $6000.

Are there any tricks to get this (and other credit card) minimum spend limits lowered?

In this particular case, the cashback offers are not worth the $6000 limit but a $1000 or $2000 limit is another matter if I could achieve it.

DeKa

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Red
Based on my (limited) experience there’s not much you can do.
The card products generally outline the basic requirements and inclusions.

28 Degrees was “upgraded” to Platinum a few years ago, no doubt to secure more interchange fees, but with that came a $6k minimum limit.

yojohnny

Intern
Thanks for the reply. I guess I will just continue limiting the number of cards I hold as much as possible whilst churning.

747sp

Intern
In the FAQ section of their web site they link to form that allows you to reduce the credit limit of your card.https://latitudefs.zendesk.com/hc/en-au/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000143958
Post automatically merged: