Travelscene American Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnK

Veteran Member
Does anyone know much about Travelscene American Express?

The travel agent I have used occassionally in the past has now become a Travelscene American Express franchise. In the past I was able to pay for flights using my Amex credit card without any surcharges.

I booked a flight for my mother the other day and asked if I could pay with Amex. They said yes but there is a 3% surcharge. What! The consultant on the phone then said she could reduce the surcharge to 2.75%. Forget it, I would rather pay by cash.

The way I understand it is that Travelscene has formed an alliance with American Express. How can they justify a surcharge for Amex credit cards?

It seems strange, although to be fair to the travel agent they are a franchise and the American Express thing is just about branding (and getting plugged to Amex cardholders). If there is a discrepancy between the surcharge on the Amex card and what you get on, say, a Visa card, then perhaps you could file a report with Amex who then may negotiate a better deal with the agency.

JohnK said:
Does anyone know much about Travelscene American Express?

The travel agent I have used occassionally in the past has now become a Travelscene American Express franchise. In the past I was able to pay for flights using my Amex credit card without any surcharges.

I booked a flight for my mother the other day and asked if I could pay with Amex. They said yes but there is a 3% surcharge. What! The consultant on the phone then said she could reduce the surcharge to 2.75%. Forget it, I would rather pay by cash.

The way I understand it is that Travelscene has formed an alliance with American Express. How can they justify a surcharge for Amex credit cards?

Strange. I've booked with Travelscene in the past and they applied no surcharge other than that applied by the airline (Qantas in this case). Could be a branch to branch thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back