Travelling with Li-ion Power Bricks | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Travelling with Li-ion Power Bricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedinite

Hi All,

Just wondering if my research is right , that i can travel with, as carry on, my Li-ion power brick.

e.g. [h=1]Sony CP-F5R USB Portable Power 5000mAh or[/h][h=1]Cygnett 11000mAh Charge Up Pro Powerbank [/h]
Has anyone had any issues, been questioned? Do I need to declare it, remove it at security screening points that ask for laptops to be removed? etc. All the Qantas info seems to talk about more traditional batteries, and talks about covering terminal points etc. and suggests individually wrapping or keeping in packaging. As the power brick only has usb slots and not terminals - just wondering how the airlines treat these.
At this stage the travel is just QF domestic and international, but may be some other international airlines in the coming months.

Thanks.

Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prome03