Travelling on QF Points / Citi Gold Card / Travel insurance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rezok

Hi all.

Wasnt sure of the best forum so thought I'd try here.

Anyway, I've booked a Euro flight on QF Points and paid the $600 odd tax/fee with my Citi Gold Visa. I rang them and they advised I was covered for travel insurance but I'm not so sure.

Can anyone confirm or point me to a link? I've looked without luck and am wondering if it's worth getting a second policy.

Thanks for replies. :D

Good evening,

You will find all credit card terms and conditions from the citibank home page by clicking as follows:-
1. Useful forms
2. Credit Cards then scroll down
Not at all easy as other banks to locate and many Citibank call centre staff just have no idea. I struck it lucky one day and was shown how to find all the details.

I would post the website link but there seems to be a crazy rule on this forum that to be able to post links or images you have to have at least 10 or more posts!!
A discussion for another thread, no doubt.

To help I will type the link but leave off the 3w's.
citibank.com.au/global_docs/pdf/MCG7933_no_trims.pdf
I hope I have helped you.
Kind regards
Captain Paul

Hello again,
I looked at the terms from the link I mentioned above and it notes the following:-

"use of the cardholder’s eligible Gold credit card account"
[FONT=Interstate,Interstate][FONT=Interstate,Interstate]means that your [/FONT][/FONT]overseas travel ticket [FONT=Interstate,Interstate][FONT=Interstate,Interstate](but not taxes or airport or travel [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Interstate,Interstate][FONT=Interstate,Interstate]13
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Interstate,Interstate][FONT=Interstate,Interstate]agent charges) was obtained prior to the commencement date of [/FONT][/FONT]your journey [FONT=Interstate,Interstate][FONT=Interstate,Interstate]by one of the following methods:
• cost charged to a
[/FONT]
[/FONT]cardholder’s eligible Gold credit card account[FONT=Interstate,Interstate][FONT=Interstate,Interstate]; or
• as a member of the Citi Rewards Program,
[/FONT]
[/FONT]you [FONT=Interstate,Interstate][FONT=Interstate,Interstate]obtained the travel ticket in exchange for the [/FONT][/FONT]cardholder [FONT=Interstate,Interstate][FONT=Interstate,Interstate]redeeming their frequent flyer points, provided the redemption occurs within one month after the [/FONT][/FONT]cardholder [FONT=Interstate,Interstate][FONT=Interstate,Interstate]transferred at least 15,000 Citi Reward Points to the said frequent flyer program, and those points were accrued in the 12 months prior to the transfer; or
• obtained by the
[/FONT]
[/FONT]cardholder [FONT=Interstate,Interstate][FONT=Interstate,Interstate]under the Citibank Take Flight program.
Please note that no cover is provided under the International Travel Insurance Policy when the
[/FONT]
[/FONT]overseas travel tickets [FONT=Interstate,Interstate][FONT=Interstate,Interstate]have been fully or partially obtained by redeeming points or rewards from schemes other than as outlined above.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Interstate,Interstate][FONT=Interstate,Interstate][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Interstate,Interstate][FONT=Interstate,Interstate]Kind regards[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Interstate,Interstate][FONT=Interstate,Interstate]Captain Paul
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back