Travel insurance for +65, 'medical conditions'

Check out AHM ( underwritten by Zurich) After looking at many TI and reading many T&C in the PDF , they were the cheapest annual TI….80 and 85 year old. Many pre existing medical , 45 days , unlimited cancellation. Have several cruises one costing more than $80,000.

So for an annual multi trip, it just asks you to choose ONE country (or region) where you'll spend most time? Is that correct? And then when you select a time span of a year, it considers that ONE trip?
 
Check out Easy Travel too @RooFlyer they issue a Covermore policy and will cover my leukaemia (but not for annual - risk of relapse too high). Depending on your conditions, they may cover you. Never had to claim but they have been great to deal with for enquires and explanations.
 
So for an annual multi trip, it just asks you to choose ONE country (or region) where you'll spend most time? Is that correct? And then when you select a time span of a year, it considers that ONE trip?
I found that confusing too.I suggest you email them with questions which is what I did. They were very prompt with answers. I went back several times before I was completely satisfied with their answers. And there’s a paper trail if needed.

Every year for 20 + years I’ve taken out an annual policy. But things are trickier now with our ages and medical problems. What I’ve discovered is that even with the same underwriter, policies vary enormously in price…by many thousands of dollars! And the T&C are much the same. A bit of variation on Covid cover for instance.

What I have noticed this year is the change in being covered for new medical issues once you’ve bought your policy. This used to be covered, hence it was always a good idea to buy a policy asap. Now you have to let them know if you have a new medical condition or a change in a pre exiSting one that they have agreed to cover. And they will decide on whether to cover that.

I have had experience with claiming large sums for cancelled cruises due to a medical problem several times over the years so am extra vigilant in knowing what they try to do to get out of paying. It’s very stressful. I’m very pleased we now only cruise Australia and NZ having been almost everywhere else in the world when we were younger and fitter.
 
What I have noticed this year is the change in being covered for new medical issues once you’ve bought your policy. This used to be covered, hence it was always a good idea to buy a policy asap. Now you have to let them know if you have a new medical condition or a change in a pre exiSting one that they have agreed to cover. And they will decide on whether to cover that.
Yes. We found that out a couple of weeks ago too using SCTI. However credit card insurance may cover you. Amex business one does.
 
What I have noticed this year is the change in being covered for new medical issues once you’ve bought your policy. This used to be covered, hence it was always a good idea to buy a policy asap. Now you have to let them know if you have a new medical condition or a change in a pre exiSting one that they have agreed to cover. And they will decide on whether to cover that.

Yes. We found that out a couple of weeks ago too using SCTI.
Where is this info please? Is it in the PDS or the medical questionnaire? I don’t recall it for my insurance bought a couple of months back for upcoming UAE trip and I’m wondering if I missed it somewhere or if it’s not a thing for Easy Travel (yet) as I am usually pretty diligent about reading the small print. Thanks!
 
Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top