Travel insurance and the Amplify signature card

aaa99

Hello all,

I was reading through the PDS and eligibility criteria for the Amplify signature card's travel insurance.

It mentions putting $500 of spend on the card prior to travel for each travelling party to qualify for it.
"Before leaving Australia you spend at least $500 on your prepaid travel costs (i.e. your travel costs that you pay for before leaving Australia) 23 and you charge these costs (e.g. cost of your return overseas travel ticket; and/or airport/ departure taxes; and/or your prepaid overseas accommodation/ travel; and/or your other prepaid overseas itinerary items) to the accountholder’s card account"

Question I have is if booking points tickets, does charging the taxes to this card count as eligible prepaid travel cost?
I booked EY with Velocity and ofcourse the taxes for those are significant and I charged them to this card. But I prefer to use 28deg for overseas bookings. That card unfortunately doesnt offer travel insurances anymore :(

Thank you!

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back