Travel Collectors

I haven't forgotten, although when there was a planned 'family event' (involving a hospitality suite at the F1 Grand Prix from memory) when I jogged your memory about your adoptive children, me and @DejaBrew you responded about wanting to have Mummy and Daddy time and we were excluded 😊 Maybe just an oversight or at worst selective memory, like when you mis-remember how things ended up in your bag, but that's ok. Possibly like Zoe Williams in her article.
We forgive, but never forget 😜
 
I haven't forgotten, although when there was a planned 'family event' (involving a hospitality suite at the F1 Grand Prix from memory) when I jogged your memory about your adoptive children, me and @DejaBrew you responded about wanting to have Mummy and Daddy time and we were excluded 😊 Maybe just an oversight or at worst selective memory, like when you mis-remember how things ended up in your bag, but that's ok. Possibly like Zoe Williams in her article.
What can I say ?!? I’m a bad mother🤦‍♀️

Deja and Kooka - next years F1 is not even scheduled - you know that by now I would have bought your long overdue tickets … if I could. I will accept no Mothers Day gift May 2027.
 
I’ve recounted this story before, but this thread reminds me of the time my mother went to a hotel reception and asked for a pen and paper.

‘Are you a guest of the hotel madam?’

‘Certainly not’ she shot back…

‘I’m paying to stay here!’

🤣

Or when you front up to a restaurant.

"Do you have reservations?"

"Yes, but when you are as hungry as I am. I'll throw caution to the wind".
 
Oh dear. When you head to SIngapore on your next trip, could you give me and @DejaBrew a heads up, so we can start the Go-Fund-Me page to collect enough to cover your bail in Singapore. They are rather strict on that sort of thing. I don't think, "my parents/upbringing made me do it" will cut it there. But if you are held up and can't make the F1 in Melbourne next year, can we get to use your tickets? :)
 
Oh dear. When you head to SIngapore on your next trip, could you give me and @DejaBrew a heads up, so we can start the Go-Fund-Me page to collect enough to cover your bail in Singapore. They are rather strict on that sort of thing. I don't think, "my parents/upbringing made me do it" will cut it there. But if you are held up and can't make the F1 in Melbourne next year, can we get to use your tickets? :)
Such a caring son — doubt I will even be lucky to get tickets for 27 given the mad scramble /member club ‘access’ and other barriers they are including. But thanks for offering to bail me out. You’re right my insurance has an exclusion for underweight (light) fingers…😂
 
Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Such a caring son — doubt I will even be lucky to get tickets for 27 given the mad scramble /member club ‘access’ and other barriers they are including. But thanks for offering to bail me out. You’re right my insurance has an exclusion for underweight (light) fingers…😂
Good to know, and thank you for the kind acknowledgment. I'm hoping I can fly solo/leave the nest, with Amex's member pre-release for the F1 on 2 Oct. I suppose it's getting to that time in my life where I must learn to make my own way in the world, rather than live in hope of what an absent parent might do :).
 
In general I do not collect stuff from airlines, however there is one exception, they are both from MAIT and they were not pinched, I did ask in advance. The CSM let me take blanket and the cushion comes from the lounge at UBN. In both cases when asking could I keep it, the staff seemed to be more amused as to why I wanted them, I just said it would make a good talking point when I get back to AU. For the record my wife hates both items and puts them back in the cupboard.
IMG_9574.jpeg
 
Its a personal habit of mine (mind you husband advises it actually goes by the name of ‘theft’!)
Marimekko finnair serviettes in the Helsinki lounge, ditto Ittala in flight (cutlery/glases) ceramics on Air Portugal & Malta… I better stop lest I get put onto an Interpol database. We (or rather I) once tried to set a complete table for a dinner party of such items 😏

Another "acquirer" of a smallish sample of the Marimekko Glassware on a HEL-DUB flight 🇫🇮 to be fair I also purchased some duty free.
 
Oh dear. When you head to SIngapore on your next trip, could you give me and @DejaBrew a heads up, so we can start the Go-Fund-Me page to collect enough to cover your bail in Singapore. They are rather strict on that sort of thing. I don't think, "my parents/upbringing made me do it" will cut it there. But if you are held up and can't make the F1 in Melbourne next year, can we get to use your tickets? :)
I think the trick might be to souvenir things on the return leg 🤔
 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top