Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Travel Card has no name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holsofmine

Wife & I recently visited the USA with a CBA Travel Card. On two occasions use of the card was declined as there is no name of the user on the card, unlike a credit card. Despite offering to use the PIN to validate the card it was declined, staing there were too many stolen Travel Cards.
Has anyone else had this problem or know of a solution?

Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

eric2011

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Wife & I recently visited the USA with a CBA Travel Card. On two occasions use of the card was declined as there is no name of the user on the card, unlike a credit card. Despite offering to use the PIN to validate the card it was declined, staing there were too many stolen Travel Cards.
Has anyone else had this problem or know of a solution?
Has also happened to me, however I never put all my eggs in the one basket. Now days I usually cash up 2 credit cards and my Qantas cash card and just use them, plus get QF points on everything I spend

Hvr

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
I've previously used a nameless Travelex cash card in the US with no issues.

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Sometimes explaining the Travel Card works the same a Gift Card (which are also i in personalised) will get merchants to accept them. Arranging for personalised Travel Card for future use should also get around future problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunshineecocleaners